• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Nora's Mental Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.
An imaginery journey down a road.

Q1. What colour is the road? Red

Q2. What texture is the road? clay

Q3. How solid is the road? hard

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river? look for and use a large log

Q5. What does the water look like? black , choppy , and deep

Q6. How fast is the water current? Swift

Q7. Is there anything in the water? Boulders sticking out like jagged teeth

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house? grey

Q9. What condition is the house in? delapidated, trees leaning on it

Q10. Does anyone live in the house? No

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup? blue and white

Q12. What condition is the cup in? Old, crazed glaze , looks antique

Q13. Is there anything in the cup? yes , dirt from being there so long.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? A large deep arroyo with black wet sand at the bottom

Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? The red rutted road I had been following to a line large dark trees where the road dissapears again

// End The Road Interview "copy between the tags" //

Self Analysis

Red is the color of the clay of memory dry and safe in the summer . Wet and dangerous in the winter and spring .

The water of the river is impassable without help. It passes forever froms its source to its maker. Too deep to wade too fast to swim. And the log can give me some protection from slamming into the rocks . The water looks kinda cold, and the rocks look hungry .

The house is neglected and very old. No one lives there and no one would want to. Feels like ghosts I dont want to meet live here..

The cup looks like it is in an old dump from the old house. No one has passed here in a very long time. Beautiful cup but not something I would want to take home. It shows it's age in the porcelain with the dirt that has washed into it . I wonder who left it here? abandoned?

The arroyo is impassable here. Tired... I will have to walk up it a ways to find a better crossing place . The wet black sand at the bottom is a quicksand. Would be grey if dry. Maybe it is safer here where the land is open rather than crossing and ending up in the forest again.

// End Self Analysis //

You are highly emotional about life, though feel as if you are progressing. You are slightly inhibited towards sexual intimacy likely due to being hurt by male/s, you hide secrets surround sexual issues and are quite aware of these and the pain caused to yourself. You are confused about your support systems in life, as they have been poor and you have been victimized throughout them, hence your low self esteem. You value commitment though certainly feel depreciated from a relationship. Your biggest problem at present is sexual preoccupation, meaning you have something on your mind, secret or not, and its hindering your progression, even though you feel continueing in life brings more sadness.

Before your obstacle there is another obstacle, what is it and please describe it?

I Would guess that is the rocks in the river that is the first obstacle besides the river itself. I have a great fear of water. Chuckles. Long old story behind that one. .
The rocks are grey and ragged edged not worn and smooth like a normal river boulder would be. Look like something from an earthquake pulling them upright out of the bedrock.

or it could be the arroyo
The zizagging arroyo is a steep slick sided wash cut deep into the red clay earth and normally dry unless in the rainy season. With a flash flood danger that can come from 100 miles away without warning .

That is the only other obstacles I can think of before the wet quicksand at the bottom of the arroyo.

So Nora, tell me the story please! Its interesting that when asked an obstacle before your arroyo, you come back to the river itself. Whilst the depth of the arroyo could be interpreted to the depth of your sexual secrets and problems, the river itself represents sexual intimacy, and you come back to that from your wet quicksand. Your sinking in your own issues that you keep secret... interesting!

They are not really secret I just dont feel comfortable in putting the reasons regarding the water fear on an open to the public forum. I saw and lived through things that dont belong on an open forum . .
On sexual secrets those are pre 18 years old . By then I saw any sexual behavior ( or affection) by other people as perverted behavior. So avoided all aspects of sex and anything related to that once I escaped from home.
Celibacy is much more peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back