• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Not A Flashback And Not A Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toria

MyPTSD Pro
I posted in my diary a while ago that Husband sees things in the night. He apparently did so quite regularly in our old home - he used to see "the people he couldn't save" standing in the corner of the bedroom at night. He said they would talk but he either couldn't understand them or couldn't here them.

I only found out about it because he let it slip in a moment when he actually didn't seem to know what he was saying - he called them The Boogy [Bogey?] Men, and when I asked him what he meant he couldn't remember even saying the words - but he did know what I was talking about.

Friday night was horrible - sticky and hot and neither of us was sleeping very well. Then he started talking in a vague way - it was dark so I couldn't see if he was half asleep or wide awake but he was looking at the door as I could see his outline. He said clear as a bell "I'm seeing things" and when I asked him what he said "what what?" and then couldn't remember saying anything.

Saturday morning he was tired, down, snappy etc etc and I can't help but link the two. He has his Combat Stress man coming in a couple of weeks and I don't know whether to ask him to talk to Husband about this.

But - does anyone know what THIS actually is??? Is it a flash back? I don't think it's a dream. A hallucination? I just think if I knew what it was then I'd stand a better chance of being able to help.

We had another bad night last night, but that was largely down to the dog deciding to get up at 4:00am... good job she did though as I went downstairs to discover we'd gone to bed and left the back door wide open - he really would have freaked! Have to admit I went to check the car and the telly were still there!!!!

Thank you x

If it were Angel, I'd say that a new personality was starting to show up. Many of her personalities can't know what specific others have done/ are doing. One at least is totally isolated. Some suffer from PTSD, others don't.

As for the seeing people, why do you think it's not a flashback. It sounds like a visual single frame flashback. But I'm no expert.

Yes, talk privately to the stress combat man if you feel he is reliable. If not, find someone that is both professional and that you feel you can trust!

Bear

Hi Toria

I would suggest mentioning it to the combat stress man. Perhaps they have a psychiatrist who can explain to you both what is happening and why which would help put your minds at rest.

Good job the dog woke you up....lol.

X

Not sure if this helps or not Toria, but hubby used to see the guy who caused his accident quite often. It could be in his dreams, when meditating, but most often when he was trying to get his mind into a safe place whilst in the bath.

He would see him stood there laughing at him. It really scared him sometimes. he said it was hard to get the images out of his mind.

This does not happen so often now, though other things do come back to haunt him from his past.

It sounds like a visual single frame flashback.

Oh... I had no idea you could have one of those - thank you! I always thought of flashbacks as being "back in the action" so to speak and acting out a past event not just seeing it as an image - but that could explain why he often stares in to "space". Thank you.

I will try to speak to The Nice Duncan Man - as we call him! He seems very willing to pick up on things I tell him and work with them, which is brilliant.

Amethist - I'm sorry that Hubby had that too - but also glad mine's not the only one. Isn't it bizarre just how the mind can work?

Good job the dog woke you up.

Oh boy - would that have caused a freak-out in the morning!!!!! Just goes to show how off-balance the lack of sleep etc had thrown us x

Good thinking - I have heard of auditory flashbacks - so I guess visual-only (don't know the posh word for that!) is a possibility - thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back