• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Not being a bystander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitoshi

MyPTSD Pro
Hi everyone,

I have huge anxiety in situations in which I am unsure if I'm doing the right thing or not, and although more often than not I choose the path I think is the right path, I worry about the "what ifs" about it.

For example, I was on my way home from work today and I almost ran into a black car in the right lane that was parked there with no hazards on. It looked like he had a flat tire or something, but I wasn't about to stop because I felt that was a good way to put myself in danger.

I'm in a metropolitan/suburb area so the towns are small, and apparently I happened to move out of the town that the car was in before calling 911. I deliberated for 15 minutes on whether to call on my way to finally park on a side street close to my apartment and finally called.

The 911 operator got snippy with me and sighed loudly because I couldn't tell her what town the street I saw the car was in and she had to put me on hold to look it up before transferring me to the police dispatch in the next town over.

So now I'm anxious about the fact that I couldn't tell her what town I was probably in at the time because I've been in this area for 4 years and shouldn't I know where the town boundaries are by now? Or not? How am I expected to know? Should I even have called?

So there's my current anxiety "attack."

I'm looking for reassurance that I'm not the only one who does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back