1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Not Doing Well - PTSD and My Back Is Out

Discussion in 'General' started by becvan, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi everyone. I thought I would let you all know that I'm in rough shape at the moment. I put my back out Saturday (in about 8 spots) had a freind work on my back for over 10 hours to get it back in and it went out again today. I'm in extreme pain and can't sleep. To top it off, I realized my PTSD is going wild again. I'm starting to get wild crying jags, uncontrollable emotional swings, weird thoughts.. I'm starting to act out basically. Thankfully, I understand what the heck is going on this time (unlike this summer.) All with my second week of work!! Oh fun fun. So basically this is a warning and a reach out at the same time. A warning that if I'm off key, way too blunt, bizzare, you guys know what is hitting right now. A reach out because I don't want to lose my mind again like this summer. The back pain is definately not a bonus right now. Not sure if I will go to the doc's or not (I always get the same run around but this one is REALLy bad..) ...

Bec

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. hannah

hannah Active Member

Sorry to hear that Bec thinking of you....

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

You take care of you first!!!

5. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

bec, i just want to...

bec,
    i just want to reiterate what veiled wrote. Take care of yourself first!! We're all here and we're all listening!!

Have a blessed day,
    Josh

6. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

Bec....sorry to hear about your back pain.....and your increased PTSD
    symptoms!!!! :eek: Go to your Dr. appt. Being a martyr won't help...you need to take care of you first!!! I FEEL your pain!!! My injured shoulder had me screaming and crying last night for 2 hours:eek: I don't know what I would have done without my plush furry bunnies to hold on to!!!! I also made an appointment with my Dr. [ortho] for tomorrow AM....I worry too....last night I was having flashes back to physical injuries during my up bringing....As you know....That's no picnic!!!! I hope that both of our doctors can help us!!!! wildfirewildone.....GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

7. becvan

went to my chiro.. I was out in about at least 12 spots.. pretty much my whole back.. have very specific instructions for the next four days.. pretty much, do nothing. I have to use a specail seat for at work and lay on the couch at home and see if it helps. I will pop on here when I can but it's too painful to sit up. Work is bad enough. take care everyone.

Bec

8. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

sorry you're not feeling well, be kind to yourself.

9. becvan

Thanks guys, I am trying.. All drugged up at the moment and off to bed soon. A freind came over and put up my X-mas tree for me. I couldn't have done it if I tried. I had to laugh today though. The chiro says to me that I need to get rid of my stress. He was not suprised, not even a little, that I have PTSD and he told me flat out that is what is causing my back to go out to this severity. Stress and me don't get along (lol like no kidding.) So I should find ways to reduce my stress.. so in the back of my mind I was thinking.. well I could go into a coma.. that would work! LMAO, my god. This sucks. At least my humor is good when I'm stoned outta my mind. LOL

Bec

10. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Bec

Glad you got to see your chiro. Take care of yourself & hope you feel better soon.

11. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

hugs tight

12. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

It's both and amazing and shitty how physical pain can spark or be sparked by PTSD stuff. Try not to worry about getting on to the forum if that's going to add to stuff. You take care you and I will be thinking of you.

Best, Nov

13. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Not good bec... not good at all. Take care of yourself hey, and I hope things get a whole lot better for you sooner, rather than later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar