• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Not Such A Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn R.

Learning
I turned 62 today and am not in real good shape at all! This has been the very worst year of my life, as my PTSD got much worse.

I have no career or relationship goals left; I am retired for good, and I have the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. But I am living in constant hope I can heal some day and experience peace once more, which I haven't in years. As long as I'm still breathing, anything is possible!

I am trying to put into place the 60 second rule. I am going to do something that will make me (peaceful, happy, calm, satisfied), in the next 60 seconds. Works way better for me than it was before when I was saying 'sometime before I die'. That was too big for me. May your next 60 seconds be peaceful and kind @Glenn R. :hug:

Do you have a therapist or anyone you can talk to where you are? It sounds like you're making some positive strides, but I'm worried about the negatives. Are you safe? Can you become more healthy? If you do not like the next chapter, consider rewriting the one you're on. Also (and this an aside) what are your hobbies? Do they gratify you? If not, what is something you've always wanted to to, try, or make? A birthday can be a good time for reinvention. Happy Birthday and may your 62nd year be a beautiful beginning to the best years of your life! :hug:

Thank you all! I have just read your comments now. It has been a bad week. [DLMURL="https://www.myptsd.com/c/members/glitterkitty.28851/"]Glitterkitty[/DLMURL]: I am in analysis, have been for the past 15 months. He is very easy to speak with. I've tried other modalities of therapy, but they just didn't work. I do have faith in this therapist. Physically, I am extremely healthy for my age. I have been practicing Yoga for the better part of 24 years and pretty much eat a well-balanced, low toxic diet.

[DLMURL="https://www.myptsd.com/c/members/glitterkitty.28851/"]Glitterkitty[/DLMURL] I do Hatha Yoga, a blend of Integral and Kripalu. I can't do Kundalini, as high energy is a trigger for me, as is loud noise and violence. The heat involved in it produces high energy.

@Glenn R. I have to look up Kripalu as I don't know what it is. :) I love that there is a kind (or blend) of Yoga for each of us. As long as I can move Yoga will be part of my life, and heck if I get to the point that I no longer can I guess I'll just keep meditating.

WildMermaid Kripalu is one of the many modalities created in the 20th Century by an Indian master, Yogi Amrit Desei, who came here and taught it to a receptive bunch of open-minded youths in the '60s. He eventually opened "The Kripalu Center" in Lenox, MA, high in the Berkshire Mtns. Kripalu's focus is on remaining in postures longer, using DEEP breathing to enable one to move further into them. This releases pent-up stress and emotions, but not too much at one time. They have great retreats up there (I'm in South Florida, so everything north is up to me). I tried to add the hyperlink for it, but this site wouldn't permit it. If you want, you can google it. They do have an interest website.

It has been my experience that those who remaining dedicated to their Yoga practices remain flexible enough to continue them into old age. One of my teachers was in her 90s. Her body was amazingly taught, and her face had noticeably far less wrinkles than others her age. The part of her that looked over 90 was the texture of her hair, which we basically have little control over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back