• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Not Sure How To Take It

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pihms

I am not sure how to take it, I know he has some major problems aside from his ptsd. I caught him in lie after lie made him straighten it out because it was usually about me or something I have. after a huge fight and on the way to my appointment for therapy. (which went well) He looks at me and says "Thank you." I looked at him and was like "What?!" he says he wont repeat it. So i asked him why he was thanking me. He looked at me and said, " Thank you for not giving up on me. I know I've f****d up a lot everyone else has left by now." Apparently me being stubborn and crazy is a good thing?
I am just not sure how to take it. I really hope that it came from a good place and that he wasn't trying to do something else or just say it because he thought that was what I wanted to hear. THAT is not what I ever expected him say or wanted. IDK how to take it. Im trying to process. Wanted some extra opinions.

Is that the main problem? That he said something you didn't expect or wanted?

Not that I didn't want to hear it more so just unexpected and he's never seemed that genuine it threw me off. i suppose

Are you feeling guilty because you were prepared to leave but now he has said something that wasn't awful?

Are you feeling guilty because you were prepared to leave but now he has said something that wasn't awful?

I'm pretty stubborn, I had no intention of leaving so no I don't feel guilty. There are other factors that we both did and lines we both crossed and I'm honestly just surprised. I crossed the

I crossed the privacy line and he crossed the infidelity line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back