1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nothing More Fun Than Paranoia Validated...

Discussion in 'General' started by permban0077, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I sat up here trying to catch up and put horrible things out. My front door sticks thank God. 2:10 AM Someone tried to come in. I am on here and about shit my pants puts it as mild as it comes, I jump looking behind me as I was on the sofa typing and see my dead bolt is unlocked. Dog is barking, I start screming bloody murder at hubs and all I can say is front door. OK, If you were within a mile no way you did not hear... Ass asleep is saying yeah, right there, I am cussing screaming front door. About the 4th time I am cussing and name calling and screming someone tried to come in the f*ing door... Then he is up.

He would had blown me off but the dog reacted before I did, she heard the handle and flipped out and then I started screaming. So pissed not to have my guns right now. They are still in "safe keeping". I think I can hang up sleeping tonight. And no I am not aking any extra dope but my God I need it. I am all over the f*ing place. At least they know dogs are in the home now. Maybe moving won't be so bad, this is not a first time.

Again thankfully my door sticks, and now it is locked... My head is about to spin off my shoulders and the numbness all over and in my lips are driving me crazy with pains shooting in my chest. Love a flipping panic attack... Hubs is up with me now... All of 2 minutes but I felt so naked with no gun and I don't think I could have done anything... I was standing but I did not run, don't know if I was ready for hand to hand, why did I not run and lock a door 5 ft away? I just was braced and screaming... F* this shit, it is messing me up... And hubs finally goes out side with a flashlight... And if you find them what the hell you gonna do with an emergency light in your boxers? It isn't like it is a mag light... Hell at least get a golf club... :finger: Hate this kind of shit.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

Wow veiled,
    I probally would have had a similar reaction.
    That's just a really intense situation to be in!

Do you have any idea who that person was?
    You said you are still on the farm...
    ...so it's not like some random city punk kid stealing stuff...
    creepiness...
    Is someone after you?

4. Kells

Kells Active Member

Wow, I think my cheese would have done slid off the ole cracker if something like that were to happen at this point. I also have the tendency to freeze up when confronted by pure fear like that. It pisses me off too to no end, so frustrating.

My husband is so used to me waking him up to check the house over "nothing" that I think he would have responded the exact same way initially. Matter of fact, when I first read your post here, I went out there to tell him the story in hopes that maybe he won't respond that way if that were to happen LOL. *big hugs*

5. sibemom

sibemom Active Member

I know how upsetting that must be to feel frozen and then wonder WHY DID I NOT DO????????? About a month ago my ex the PSYCHO, called just to add more salt to my wounds. Now I have been divorced from this MANIAC for almost 13 years and I am remarried for 9 years so why he still does this is beyond me, but he does. He calles from all different numbers and then you would think when I hear his voice I would just hang up and shut the phone off RIGHT????? No i allow myself to be battered and frightened by his words. So I of course had to call my hubby home from work, made sure the dogs were on PATROL and sat cuddeling my 5 year old son in the dark, REAL GOOD FOR A 5 YEAR OLD, to see mom crumble like that. I swore it was an eternity before my hubby got home, even though it is not even a mile away. I WAS TERRIFIED!!!!! Calling the cops does NOTHING to fix this, we have already gone that route, and since my accident I think it gives him even MORE POWER to try and destroy me. I know he has tried to break into our home I KNOW HE HAS, and yes at first I thought it was my paranoia which I do have alot of. I am glad to know I am not the only one who just freezes in these situations, because I swore I thought I was crazy. I hope you are doing better it took me awhile to recover from that last event and I know it caused me to be more VIGILANT as to my SAFE HARBOR. WHEN DOES THIS END??????

6. permban0077

No it was about 20 or 30 minutes after bar closings... Figure it was a drunk as I knocked out the front windows and the panes on the front door. I have them taped currently. We don't have the most honest neighbors around here. I have had someone try to do a break in and when my son looked out the window the guy took off running before in broad daylight. We have either really good ones or slimeballs.

Response time here is about 30 minutes, whether it be deputies or ambulance since out in the county and we have had even "better" people moving in.

I assume drunk idiot.

Bad thing is this time (last night!) I was in bed and meditating to a CD trying to sleep and I was awake but was into my thing so not all there... He heard some loud banging and shot out of bed saying did you hear it? At first no, it took a second for me to snap what he was talking about and I was thinking maybe ex getting off work needing to drop off homework banging on the door or something then I saw it was the same time! But then it dawned on me my dogs are not barking... Someone making that kind of noise the dogs would have lost it.

So he heads one way and I take the other exit from the bedroom to get the bat they took away from me. I wasn't scared though (just worked up at hubs reaction) as the dogs were all cool about it. Go look and the dumbass I use as a guard dog was leaning up against the entertainment center with a good itch and flopping around baging the doors on it LOL... Ass. This cool weather has them acting frisky and silly.

But my cats DO NOT know how to work the front door handle.

But I did realize something. I am easing up. I mean I used to be so very anal at my doors constantly locked. Always check, check and recheck... Now it was after 2 in the morning and I had not locked it. OK, I will be probably back to my routine again but it showed me I had made some progress in chilling out about my welfare.

And his middle of the night checks... He does so sloppy. I mean he heads right in, does not go around to where someone cannot see or have furniture between and in boxers. Well shit if you just want to walk up on them empty handed at least lose the boxers so you can give a good shock value so you have a chance at first blow.

I am not so sure I froze as I sure as hell was screaming loud enough the other night, I think I was just bracing myself for hand to hand as I had thought of my guns are not here... I felt ready to fight, was just pissed hubs can slep through all that and the dog banging the entertainment center and no barking he is up...

Any weird bumps in the night as backwards as it is, I am usually the one who goes sniffing around. As paranoid as it is I have my house set up where I have the best advantage and vantage points to shoot intruders. My hang up of not being a victim again.

But lord I need some sleep, breaking up with the doc today LOL.

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Veiled,

I remember when my hubby was in the field (we were stationed at Ft. Hood in TX) and I was alone with my then teeny tiny baby and a dog in our apartment. It was late and all of the sudden someone started trying to turn my door knob. Thank goodness it was locked. But it was obvious this person wanted into the house. The dog went ape scat and started barking and scratching at the front door and who ever this was went away. I was so scared I don't think I slept for the rest of the night. I sat on the couch with the dog right next to me. I was so sh*t scared!!! I don't think I was ever so happy to see the sun come up. I talked to the manager of the apartment and mine wasn't the only apartment someone had tried to get into. Seems someone was passing out info about what units were in the field (AKA no hubbies home) and trying to get into those apartments. When my hubby came out of the field, he got me a shotgun.

I remember what a rotten feeling it was to feel helpless. I hope you get some sleep tonight!

8. permban0077

I was giving him a hard time about it. The ass slept through it! He has zero recall of last night and waking up to the dog banging around... He is he one who shot up, but I went with a couple hours sleep, lil' turd. Now why can't I do that??? Wake up freaked andgo back to snooze a never be the wiser...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar