• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Now Medication Free And A New Lease On Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 93

After being on at least 10 different doctor prescribed drugs, and Xanax for over 2 years, I am now drug free. I am just into the early morning hours of day 9 of no Xanax. I wasn't sure to post this yet or not. But I seem to be making it and ready to say I am really succeeding now. I feel confident to beat this and the added addiction to this medication. I saw and knew medication was a band aid but I never knew how little I really appreciated that until now. I have more clarity now. After going through the symptoms I was prescribed for and making it without meds I see it now. I can do this, I can make it from the tools provided here and Anthony doing a bang up job lighting my path.

I have been weaning and healing for over a year now after knowing it was PTSD. It took a long time to get off Xanax and Zoloft and confront demons "alone". Some thought I was a success before. Now I finally am feeling like one. I never believed this day would come I could do this on my own. I want to thank everyone here as I could not have done this with out all of you and I know I will still need your friendships. And I thank you bec for all the "off line" support, we did not get off on the right foot but you turned out to be a best friend. Anthony too, but he knows that is a no brainer. He should know anyway.

I think I am going to go find my first post here when I was swamped with full blown symptoms and compare it to now in a bit. I think it may give people hope that it can be done if you are willing to go through all the unforgiving pain.

I thank this entire forum, seasoned members and new alike, thank you for your support.

Veiled,

What else can be said other than GREAT JOB!!!!!!! You deserve a pat on the back and an atta girl for that.

Keep up the good work...

Wendy

A Huge inspiration, you are!

You've done an amazing job and just continue to do so. Beyond proud of you!

*hugs*

bec

OK, I have to post my "I am lost am lost and putting out feelers post" from a year ago (first intro). Anthony seemed to understand and understand me more than I did myself then. Of course the forum was much smaller and he could LOL... I have since learned I was for a few weeks on 12 mgs xanax before I got here. I have no recall of that but on 12 mgs a day who would? Hubs told me. And I thought I was only down to 6 mgs a day when I got here. Maybe I was bumped back up or got here later than I recall... So I hope this helps others. It says I was on 5 on arrivial. [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/archive/index.php/t-320.html[/DLMURL]

And thanks guys, you both help me a lot!

Veiled,

Sending more congrats to you. Getting off of the meds is a tough row to hoe. Keep up the good work!

I love the title of your post. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Lisa

You know you were still inside veiled, and now you've found yourself. You didn't believe this person was waiting to be found, now you found her, you just have to be good to her; your new self. You will continue to learn, have no doubts about that, you will relapse at times, each getting smaller, though with constant management, identification and knowing yourself, listening to others that know you (for those little signs they pickup first), appreciate everything you have learnt, and grow larger than life. Veiled, you have worked hard to get this far, and congratulations, a huge well done. You did the work, you deserve the credit. Huge hug for you.... and extremely proud of you.

and extremely proud of you.

And very thankful to you. I would have not seen this day without your guidance, pushes, and down right mean kicks in the ass at times. One of these days you will come to America so I can give you a big ol' kiss.

Thanks guys, I am happy to say my 11th day is officially done! I wonder how long I will be counting days. People who know me in real time seem to be amazed and never thought I would ever really be off. Even though I have never hid (couldn't) each step down for the last year. But I guess no one realized how much I was on and it takes that long to wean in a healthy manner!

Could not do it without all of you! Big hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back