• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Now Medication Free And A New Lease On Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Veiled,

Great job, soon it will be 2 weeks..... You go girl.....

I am still at the thinking stage. I have dealt with depression all of my life, and since being on Cymbalta I actually feel human. I really don't have any more problems with the PTSD crap. Occasionally I will get triggered, but I can get back to "Earth" real quick. No more nightmares. I pretty much am ok, it's just the friggin depression. So I am a little bit worried about coming off of it. I would like to be med free again,,,,,,,but I get worried that the depression will take over again.

Crap, I will have to think this through some more.

Wen

Well done Veiled. It is a wonderful victory for you. It sounds as though you've had quite a struggle, but it was well worth it in the end! I wish you much happiness to come.

If anyone thinks it is easy to do what you did, it could only be because they have not done so themselves.
Great Job, good luck to you.

Veiled,

Just wondering how things are going???? Have things calmed down any at all????

Talk soon,

Wendy

Wendy, amost 3 weeks now. Need a couple more days to be there.

Had a completely panic attack free day here today. Insomnia still kicking my ass and some anxiety... But I found a good distraction, btw I really don't condone distracting but it was a nice needed break. I could breathe all day! It is getting better, but I sure am ready to go back home to my honey. I think he will be tickled to get a new woman back after I finish camping.

After I get home y'all will get a little break from me, I broke my damn lap top again! Grrr. Alomost 5:30 AM, I need to go try to sleep.

Again, thank you all and yes, this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Never want to revisit this ugly road of addiction. I don't want to see others have to do this either, it is a real eye opener. You think you know it hurts, and then you see how much it can.

Veiled,

I am so happy for you.....Way to go girl... :claps: Even though you are still having some problems, you must be on top of the world with PRIDE for the terrific job that you have accomplished. Coming off an addiction to any drug is so hard. I give you so much credit for taking the challenge, and accomplishment on such a great job.

BIG HUGS!!!!! You really deserve it.

The sleep issue will resolve itself over time. Your body needs to readjust to everything that it has been through in the last few weeks......Try not to fight the sleep thing to much, rest when you need too.

So what did you do to the lap top????? I just bought one last week. I have wanted one for 2 yrs, and I finally just said screw it, I deserve it, so I bought one.

Keep up the great job you are doing.

Wen

Congratulations veiled, it's a major accomplishment. I didn't realize you had done this, I guess I haven't been around though. Anyways well done, I am so happy for you. Hope things continue to go well.

Just updating, I have made it through the 4 week mark. A month off. Hard shit! But for the first time the hot flashes have backed off since I can recall. I got a chill yesterday and today with goose bumps! I even had to go outside in the massive heat to stand in the sun to warm.

I used to love to sun bathe, to feel the heat on my skin, but in recent years it was horrible. I enjoyed it briefly again and hope to sit out when back home without getting ill. The sun and road is beckoning me. If I can make it through all the paper work I think I can get my DL back to drive, hubs fixed my A/C in my van, and there is a lake close by I want to visit.

Hubs has been speaking with me on the phone saying he can hear me sounding so much better. I am learning my limits and quicly recognize how far is too far. The best part is what I desire and do now used to be way too far. My "too far" is way past my previous limits. I am starting to enjoy certain things in life again I was not sure I ever would again just by knowing I will do this much and let it rest, and then do more later. It is just too awesome!

Oh and a new turn... I could give a rat's ass drugs made me fat now. I do care about getting fat health wise (was a big shocker when I saw some recent photos of me from camping but I still felt good looking at it) but when I was tiny and trim I was more self concious than I am now being a plus size! I used to be embarrassed in shorts when petite and cute... and looking at old photos I should have been strutting, and now I bought shorts AND a SKIRT (never did that)! But now I am thinking way less of what others may think and realizing the way I look now so do most. Why did I never see it before? I never realized I was so different looking when I was a size zero. I even bought a sleeveless shirt! Me and my chubby arms LOL, and I LOVE it. I am so much more comfortable in my skin.

I feel now what they say... Big and Beautiful. If I get skinny again world watch out! I will be walking around nakedy LOL. I am just beaming with life. I can't wait for my husband to see me after my vacation. To live with this attitudde. I could do and feel this in my home before a long time ago, but to feel it now, is so amazing, as you can tell since I keep going on! He has not seen this for so so long. He will finally be getting the woman he feel in love with (part) back. I think we are both going to be doing worlds better. With me like this his work did much better and kids were happier, everyone will be better for this! Even the annoying parts like now LOL.

Veiled,

Your post made me cry.....tears of happiness, that you had some happiness too. We all here deserve that. It can be achieved....I am so happy for you, and proud too that you did the 4 weeks, did a trip, and found you again....GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Keep up the good work and :kickass:!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Wen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back