• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Now Medication Free And A New Lease On Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veiled,

Thanks for sharing that I am really happy for you!

It also reminded me of some of the fun stuff my H, the kids, and I did - nice memories for a change. Although, I am a bit concerned about the cooking for 5 hours??? I do sort of understand as my H use to do that. Personally, I'll stick with the frozen meal in the box when it is my turn to cook.

Zoe

I really used to love to cook but I loath cleaning it up. That is why I pay my teen an allowance ;) The cooking is fun again, yeah!

Congratulations, what an inspiration to all who suffer from this ! You should be real proud of the work you did to get to where you are !

There is truly a light at the end of the tunnel. You will have many challenges and obstacles, but being drug free is a great step !! :)

I can't wait when I can say the same for my boyfriend. But however long it will take, it doesn't matter, as long as he continues to get better !

Well, just thought I would come in here to say I have not stayed off 100% as it turns out. Ah, disappointing but learning that is life. I certainly do not take it daily nor weekly for that matter. But I do have days accumulate where I do have to take some in the end to reground as the CBT and meditations to ground me won't work. I just get too pooped at times. But I can go weeks of none. I think I found my middle ground. I have processed and worked, I have learned living skills, I have also learned my limits. Sucks to admit have them but I do. But if a .5 xanax can help find my footing for a few weeks at a time oh well :) Shitload better than before! OK anniversaries I have to medicate more often, but if that is only twice a year that is way better than I thought my life would be. Just trying to keep th thread honest now. I am not addicted like I was, that is beat, but does not change I do still need it here and there.

I believe that we are all different. What works for each of us is what we need. If you are comfortable with taking it once in awhile, then fine. If you need it everyday, that's fine too. Sometimes we can struggle for just so long, and then it's head for the pills.

You have done a terrific job at coming off of the xanax...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back