1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nugget Gets A License And Drives A Car

Discussion in 'Accomplishments' started by nugget, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

TRAINS, PLANES, AUTOMOBILES, Well ive been in them all had my fair share of troubles and tales to tell.
    The last six months trying to get my driver license back have been like trying to change the eating habits of a third world country from rice to KFC, damm near impossible.
    Well the day finaly came all my doctors agreed that i was metaly stable to drive a car, and the people at the Motor Reg Dept were also happy to take my money so i got my license.
    So look out Australia Nuggets back on the road, keys in hand , arse in drivers seat, heart pounding nearly jumping out of my chest, and i havent started the car yet.
    So turn the key lets get the show on the road, im gona do this i calming down the more i drive, im doing 20 kms an hour maybe time to speed things up a little.
    Nothing to do with the cars behind me, up to 50 then 60 im moving now the heart pumping, the anxiety is raising i need to pee badly, but its only nerves.
    Im doing it i will show the barstards i can drive a f---en car, all this time catching buses and trains when i could have been driving around enjoying the freedom.:smoking:
    Nearly home we turn down our street i see our house up the drive way, turn the car off, proud of myself shit yer , inside for a cuppa, then i just fell apart like a cheap Kmart tent, it takes me three days to get over my little drive but well worth the adventure. Since then i have had about 4 or 5 little drives and enjoyed them very much, but the truth is i do miss my TRAINS & BUSES very much.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

That is just so awesome! Wonderful to hear that. Keep up the great work.

4. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Nugget,

I am so glad for you.....I would be lost without being able to drive. It's one area in my life that is my independence. Without driving, I wouldn't be able to work.....I self support myself.

Keep up the good work. Drive safely!!!!!!

Wendy

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Way to go!

So proud of you for fighting to get it back, getting it and using it too! Way to f'king go!!:clap:

Don't worry.. LOL I still have panic attacks after driving some days and I've been on the road steady for... umm five years now!

bec

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Good stuff Rob. Extremely well done.

Jim.

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Bloody well done Rob.... well and truly impressed mate to see your pushing at yourself. So that means when nic and I come over to deliver Humphrey, you will be driving out to pick us up???

8. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Good on you Rob, congratulations! Considering the nature of your trauma, I believe it is a major accomplishment. Very well done, I do hope you are proud of yourself.

9. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:clap: Way to go PRIME MINISTER!!!!! I am soooooo deliriously joyful that you have attained this victory!!! I just love the independance that driving provides!! More luck in the future!!!...PEACE FOR THE PLANET

10. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Hey that's great Rob. I am so happy for you! :)

11. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Shit, thought id done something wrong when Id seen all of these reply`s. Thank you all so very much. And yes Anthony I shall put my best driving costume on to pick you and Nic up so you dont miss me in a crowed.

12. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Someone please take pictures.....I want to see the costume....

Wendy:drugs:

13. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Rob,

Great job!!! I love reading your stories and like them even more when it's nugget vs. world and nugget wins! And you kept going after your first time. Way to go, Mr. Prime Minister. Hey, you can use your car for advertising now. That would be good considering the campaign sign incident on the bus. Oh...was I not supposed to say anything about that? *grin*

Great job, Rob!
    Lisa