1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nugget V Hospital & Wins

Discussion in 'Social' started by nugget, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Ok nearly a months stay in a private psych hospital was a real eye opener on the first night a young bloke head butted the mirror in his bath room till it cracked and cut is throat with a broken piece of mirror. So all patiance were in lock down mode we were all drugged to f--k put to bed. Next morning was one of the funniest things i have ever seen 30odd people trying to walk around still affected by the drugs spilling coffee missing their mouths trying to eat breakie. Every morning between 9 & 10 we would all line up for our meds then wonder around looking for someone that looked like they were going to loose it and spit it our daily high lights were a code black. That meant a extra round of valium for us all to calm us down. There was a mixed bunch of people in there any thing from eating disorders,bipolar,ptsd,scits and just plain nutters.

A great bunch of people id ever want to met its pretty simple to sum up they "get it" you do not have to explain yourself you can just be normal no bullshit. No pretending to make other people feel better they all knew if you were putting it on. As bad as their problems were they just wanted your honesty and not to be lied at.

The food was the worst it was crap im sure Veiled CHOOKS wouldnt of eaten the shit. One of the good things to come out of my stay was that my psychiatrist visited me every second day so i was able to get a lot out and start moving forward with some of my other issues. It was and felt a very safe place to be the first time in over a year my brain had slowed down instead of being at a constant race. I have made a few great friends inside and hope to keep in contact with them we helped each other out at different times during the month. They understood it they get it some times just a knod of the head was enough for them to understand you cant find that on the out side.

That will do for now i will post more in a day or two thanks for all the well wishes and the kiss Anthony didnt mind it to much but did you have to slip the tounge in.

Cheers Nugget

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Nugget,

So glad to read your wit and wisdom again! Welcome back. I'm glad that you got the rest you needed and that you got your mind to slow down.

*Hugs* and glad to see you again! We've missed your adventures around here.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

glad you're back, nugget. glad you had a positive experience there.(except for the food, anyway).
    cathy

5. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Welcome back nugget! I'm glad your stay went well and it's great to read something written by you again. You're one of very few people who can actually make me laugh.

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Glad to have you back Nugget!

It sounds like it went very well! I'm glad you made freinds in there.

I just completely spaced out there! LOL, so I will just say I'm looking forward to hearing more.

*hugs*

bec

7. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

welcome back Nugget. Glad that your stay was a positive one andt that you got some help and understanding

8. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Welcome back nugget. I'm glad your time in hospital was well spent. We've not met, but I'm Evie (batgirl's) aunt and I feel like I know you already, as Evie has mentioned you on more than one occasion. My husband and I have also seen your MSN message, and we think it's hilarious.

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Ah yes that MSN message - priceless! Nugget, delighted to have you back.

Jim.

10. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Rob, bloody glad to hear your all well mate and your visit was an exciting one.

11. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

glad your back hon

see, i came back (okay, so it was self enforced exile)

just been bleh)

12. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

welcome back :)

13. Andre

Andre Active Member

I am glad I could come back and see you have come out of everything alright Rob. How is Humphrey?