• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Nugget V Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugget

MyPTSD Pro
Hey people i just survived Christmas and the New year and i mean just, i havent had so many panic attacks and blank spots for months the inner voices i hear were uncontrolable . I lost the best part of two days over that short period and I am just starting to come good, 3/01/07 Psychiatrist appointment told him of my funny turns over the past few days ( I trust this man with my life ) and he suggested that i be admitted to a private psyh hospital for a rest. Every thing else he has advised me to do in the past i feel has worked for the better so i agreed. It wont be till the start of the new month due to lack of beds but Im kinda looking forward to the rest. Not sure what it entails but Im sure i can find the funny side of it and post a funny tale. I promptly left the Doc office to go shopping with my 14yr old daughter ( does one know how many shops are out there for teenage girls )forgetting about my problems for a while just following her around doing and going where Im told i had another panic attack lost my balance and ended up flat on my face. Thanks to my daughters quick thinking and sence of humor she picked me up dusted me down and drag me to another dress shop to sit and rest for a while.Three hours later shopped out and rested we make way for home after dropping her off the wheels fell off my wagon i went to the nearest pub and wiped my self out. Sore, worn out, drunk i finally made it home very pissed with myself about the drinking ( Shit it tasted so good at the time ). Now i wake to another day very,very sore so i think i will just take today as it comes. Thanks for listening Nugget

I hope the stay will do you some good. And I sure can't wait for the stories when you get back. Any idea how long a stay?

Sorry you are having such a rough go at it right now! Wish I had a pearl of wisdom but my mind is flat jello right now.

Hey Veiled about two weeks thats plenty of time to find some tales to tell im still working on getting the right photos for my train ride etc. I have one pearl of wisdom for you. / Only speak when you can improve on silence/ So even if your mind is flat like jello you spoke and broke the silence with kind thoughts for that i thank you. Cheers Rob

Just wanted to say hi and wish you the best possible rest while hospitalized. Sounds very frightening and scary...to me anyhow...the many panic attacks, blank spots and voices...hope something shifts for you soon nugget and you begin to feel much better.

Sorry to hear you're feeling badly, but I hope the hospital visit helps. I wish you all the best with it. I also like reading all your stories so I hope you have more to share when you come back! :)

Hmmm... a hospital rest. Yep, they certainly do that for you, meaning the rest. You will most likely find it quite relaxing Rob, and the daily stressors are removed. About the only thing you have to do is really get out of bed, shower and dress yourself. If you can't do that, a nurse would likely do it for you anyway. Some good group therapy sessions along the way, and you might just find yourself coming out a new man.

K, Nugget, you just have to let us know if it's truly relaxing.. It's my fantasy when life gets really nuts to go there for vacation! LMAO, want to know if I'm close in my dream world... I hope it helps some..

Bec

Thanks people will still be around for a few more weeks yet but i will give a full report of my ashtray makings

I remember during my PTSD course, we got a ceramic pot each, within that we placed a list of all our trauma within life, then put it within a sandbag and went outside... well, you guessed it, we smashed the shit out of the pot with our trauma inside. An aggressive act to therapy, and it has some benefits. We then had to come inside and rebuilt our post however we wanted and put our trauma list inside it. I built a mountain and placed my trauma list deep inside it. It was interesting to see the subconcious effect that had, where I had dealt with so many things, and it was time for me to move on with life, in that everything I could deal with had been, so I could lay so much to rest. I still have that mountain sitting around here.

Nugget,

I hope the hospital visit gives you the rest you need.

I'm sure if you tell the nurses and staff at the hospital some of your stories, you'll be a hit there too! :smile:

I would like to thank you all for your kind words to help ease my hubbys mind about his upcoming hospital visit. I think it will do him the world of good just to escape me for a week or two!LOL!
Anthony if you think I might be getting myself "new man" out of this I might just have to look into renewing our vows!

A short hospital trip isn't going to make a new man I suppose, but he will certainly see some immediate improvement from relaxation, that is for sure. Often when a person leaves the hospital, normal life stressors take hold again and put them back to square one, depending on how much they want to heal I suppose. Its like anything, you get out what you put in, then what you can logically assimilate to yourself.

Like most hospitals, their method is to solve things with primarily medication first, group therapy is usually a must, and often most of the work will get done by simply chatting with the other patients, which is what happens basically on something like the PTSD course Australia runs. Lots of nice to knows, but the real stuff comes out in private between the sufferers themselves, and often the same with spouses. Group therapy of like minded sufferers has an enormous impact on the healing process, because its like being on this forum, except with the full intensity and power of face to face communication, body language and emotions.

I guess the other thing here is, is whom is within the hospital, ie. trauma sufferers, or a mix of pysch disorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back