1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nugget V The Train Part 5

Discussion in 'General' started by nugget, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Well im getting to be very well traveled once again this is a true story.

Funny thing happened to me on the way to the train station (sounds shonky already) waiting for the bus to take me to the train station started chatting to a bloke (One of anthonys tips) in the first five minutes i had found out he has MS, goes to town on fridays to catch up with his family. Has a latte not coffee has to be a latte, i listened as to why a latte is better than a staight coffee Ok i started this conversation when do i get to talk. I nearly had time to slip out that i like to have a cuppa when he decided to tell me about the drama he has ordering a bus that will accomodate his wheel chair. But i still like coffee, no wait a bit longer i will get my chance. Im not much of a talker so im trying very hard to be polite might just be his nerves i will let him go the bus should be here soon. By now im starting to like this bloke i still havent said a word so i can use this to my advantage it will make my trip go faster i just knod every now and then. Hes harmless just up for the chat, ok i dont like coffee anymore. Now i know hes married no kids shit even his house number and street name still i havent said a word very exhausting this communication stuff. Ah the bus is in sight now will i get a few boyscout points and wheel him on the bus or will he be the independant type and get the shits if i help. Out of no where he shouts F--K YOU at the bus and starts bouncing up and down in his chair. Christ he didnt say he had tourettes syndrome may be hes weemans brother. Then i realise the bus is the wrong one for a wheel chair, what you going to do now ! i finally get to speak expecting to be sworn at, catch the bus like you why as he stares at me with a blank look apon his face. With that he got out of his chair folded it up and walked on the bus mmmm , ok so i will just get on the bus. Well i have come this far im gona find out whats the go is, shit did i forget to take my meds this morning, The next fifteen minutes to the train station were listening to this bloke abuse the bus company for sending the wrong bus. He looks at me again, is he going to yell and screem at me i hope not im pretty freaked out by now but its all therapy in the long run, im nearly to scared to speak now. Do i ask why he didnt just catch this bus and save all that agro or act like im pissed at the bus company ive still got a half hour train ride with this bloke a head of me yet. Train in sight him in his chair me still to scared to move away from him maybe i can loose him in the rush to board the train nope not my lucky day." You!, can you help me get on the train" he says like im a conducter , mate you just walked ten minutes ago ok so i help him on the train now push me over there mmmm someones taking some libetries. Away we go its my turn now are you just after the cheap fare or what going on opps that was the wrong thing to say. I got a lecture on MS ie: some days are good the others not so good if you know what i mean, Yes i do, now ive got ten minutes to tell my story his brakes are on and i know how to use them. Yes i do know what you mean about good and bad days i have PTSD. How did you get that he said ,well last year whilst driving a truck, I used to drive truck he said hang on its my turn i thought. F---it i couldnt be bothered :crazy: were at the station now sorry to all you wheelies out there but i just bolted, straight to my psychologist to calm down. I tried anthony i did believe me i did. Until the next chapter cheers for now.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Nugget, I am laughing so hard. I am sorry the guy was driving you nuts but it did make it an interesting ride now didn't it? I could just guess at your stress levels. Sounds like you did great. I just lost it laughing so hard at the cussing and picking up his chair walking.

So do you still not like coffee anymore?? I do look forward to hear about your train rides... I am glad we are getting a collection of them here!

4. madjon

madjon Active Member

lol, met a few people like that on buses, sometimes its a bit freaky

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Nugget, well done mate. Mate, don't let one person stray you from communicating... Did your trip go fast? I think so... because you couldn't wait to get too the other end in order to escape. I have found a few people like that myself on the trains and buses, and I just put it down to character building for me, ie. it helps me to control my anger and gain tolerance. I have more good chats than ones like that though, so don't be discouraged by it mate. The guy was most likely just lonely, but didn't know how to say that, instead put on a big spat, tanty and talked your ear off... rude, but most likely very lonely.

Keep up the great work mate... your doing bloody good. You see, bigger picture time... you went through all that, didn't lose your cool, put up with it, learnt tolerance... you listened to another, even though he was a bit rude and not let you chat, you still got into a conversation (sort off). Building skills mate... well done.

6. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Veiled im sure there will be more adventures of me on the trains i asked my psychiatrist how long i will be seeing him for. The answer was one of us will die first. Ok so i guess that leaves room for a few tales to tell.

7. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Good nugget because you tell some pretty funny tales! LOL! :rofl:

8. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Nugget...when I first read your tale, my stomach hurt so much from laughing!

You have a gift...it shows. Congrats!

9. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

What can say buts its all true,

Cant help but think who would play me if my life was made into a movie. Then again would it be a comedy, horror or na wouldnt be a romance, I think it might be a toss up between Bold & The Beautiful and a Monty Python Skitt.:cuckoo:

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

LOL I'd pay to see it... Still waiting on you and Anthony to go hit the rails together!

11. anthony

Yer, but I got a haircut the other day... no longer looking so bummy! (for the time being anyway)

12. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Ah so you are cleaning up your act to make me look bad !

13. anthony

Na mate... just can't stand long hair much. The rest of me is still a bum though... keeping up the tradition well.