1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nugget Vs The Train Part 2

Discussion in 'General' started by nugget, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Hope You Are As Well As Can Be,
    Off To Start My Exsposure Theropy. First Part Of Getting There I Had Done Before I Felt Comfortable Doing It. A Short Bus Ride To The T/Station Arriving At The Bus Stop 10mins Before It Was Due Gave Me Time To Ready Myself For The Public And The Bus Ride. Almost 30mins Later The Bus Arrived Its Ok I Allow Myself An Extra 40mins Just Incase. Arriving At The T/station Only To See The Rear Of My Train Depart Oh Well Stay Calm The What Ifs Start To Go Through My Head Anxiety Starts To Sneak Up Oh Shit Not Again Im Not Gona Let It Win Today. Hopped On The Next Train Full Of Hope Made My Way To My Theropist Sat In The Waiting Room For Another 30mins Thinking The Days Shot Now. Two Hrs Later My App Over Emotionaly Drained,Knackerd Waiting Outside Was My Wife And M/Inlaw I Started To Lift. Let`s Grab Some Lunch And Go To The Park Lovley Just What I Needed A Little Wind Down Before I Start My Way Home. A Quick Look At My Watch Christ 2pm Off To The T/Station The Clock On The Wall Says Its Only 130pm What Oh No My Watch Was 30mins Fast I Nearly Passed Out Half The Day Has Gone With Me Worring And In A Panic About Being Late I Never Would Of Imagened A 5 Dollar Watch Would Cause Such A Stressful Day. Looking Around There Was About 12 Clocks I Could Of Used. Only Then Did I Realise That Ive Spent The Last How Many Mths Wondering Around With Tunnel Vision Not Looking At The Big Picture But Only Where I Was Heading I Guess That Its Just Another Thing I Have To Learn Again And I Brought A New Watch:dontknow:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Bloody well done mate... piss funny at parts, but god damn nugget, really well done mate. Already you can see for yourself, there is more around us than just us, and secondly, your trip went so much better for you this time. Each will only get easier mate...

I am stoked though buddy... it is so refreshing to see such great positives come from people who really do want to help themselves. Its baby steps, but atleast its forward steps, not one step forward, two back, like we live our lives when PTSD controls us. I am stoked buddy... I hope you are too?

4. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Nugget,

I realise it was stressful for you but you got through. Funny, but if you are looking from my perspective, poor bugger stressing all day about time and your watch was fast. Sorry but you have to see the humour in that!! Anyhow, well done on your second train adventure.