1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nuggets Mental Imagery

Discussion in 'General' started by nugget, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

WARNING: If you plan on submitting your own mental imagery interview for assessment, DO NOT read the proceeding first, instead fill out your own interview first, then read these, so your current mental image is not skewed, resulting in a possible inaccurate emotional state being returned to you.

Q1. What colour is the road? Redish
    Q2. What texture is the road? Sandy
    Q3. How solid is the road? Soft

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river? Swimining holding on to a floating branch
    Q5. What does the water look like? Muddy/Murky
    Q6. How fast is the water current? Slow
    Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what? Cant see

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house? Light green
    Q9. What condition is the house in? Run down
    Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who? Old man

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup? White
    Q12. What condition is the cup in? Broken
    Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what? Dirt

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? Im at the bottom of a cliff thats all i can see both ways
    Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? I cant it goes beyond my vision

anthony likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

// Start Self Analysis "copy between the tags" //

Now you have had a break, go back to every question and look at your response. Try and find what you feel that your mind presented the image it did. Explain colours you chose, textures, water, cup, solids, liquids, space, objects, people, anything and everything that you wrote from your projected image, try and find what you feel to why you have that image. Don't look hard at things, instead try and look for the easy answers, as they are often the correct one's. Don't attempt to find something that isn't present, just look at each aspect for its absolute simplicity.

This is not an absolute, but something you must do in order to try and self analyse yourself. This is important. Please answer what you can, and simply define if you cannot find an emotion to a response you gave.

// End Self Analysis "copy between the tags" //

1) Redish, Blood stained
    2) Sandy, Hard to walk on
    3) Soft, Like at the beach near the waters edge
    4) Swimming/Floating, I cant swim fear of drowning
    5) Muddy/Murky, Like damm water
    6) Slow, Just enough current to pull me side ways but not enough to stop me
    7) Cant see, So Muddy
    8) Light green, like he found a old tin of paint and used it
    9) Run dwn, Had roof sheets missing no windows no gardens
    10) Old man, He looked happy and content
    11) White, An old tea cup just thrown away
    12) Broken, Broke in two
    13) Dirt, Burried half in the ground been there years
    14) Cliff, I can see it and feel it but i do not know why its there so vividly
    15) Beyond my vision, Feels like i have come far enough and hit my wall each way i look its just up and hard going its draining me looking at the cliff.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

You are highly emotional about an incident within life, which you find extremely difficult to navigate and are quite dysfunctional at present. You have trust towards sexual relationships; though have been victimized in the past. You possibly feel that sexual relationships have grown stagnant from past deception due to a feeling of self depreciation. You are in denial of losing control within intimate relationships, possibly even a feeling of entrapment due to past victimization. You are aware your support systems have not always been present, and possibly are asking yourself, “What is normal?” There is an alienation from possibly your mother growing up, a lack of support from those who matter most, whilst a male family figure within your life is a cause of your victimization. You have an innocent idealism towards commitment, naïve even, that you have been severely depreciated, hurt or victimized. You are not committed towards anyone or anything other than your partner. You demonstrate a severe dysfunction towards fearing your world may crumble, is crumbling now even, to a lower level of existence. You are frightened by the danger of falling into a painful and perhaps life threatening situation, which you see with complete hopelessness. You see little hope, and have even given up on life itself.

5. anthony

Nugget, you need to start a private diary I think mate, and start talking to me about your past, because you think your coping, though you are aware that your trauma has taken control of you now. Trauma can not be suppressed, it cannot be medicated, it cannot and will not magically dissapear over time like doctors believe. It must be gotten out in every single detail, every little emotional aspect that you feel, must not only be spoken about, but must be reasoned. You can talk about trauma till the cows come home, but if you don't believe or find acceptance towards your emotional problems, you will never heal them. Its not just about getting trauma out of you, but taking back reasoning and positive belief in oneself!

Once PTSD has formed, its not just about trauma anymore, its about every negative event that has occurred within your life, because every single negative emotion stems a residual amount of fear, fear is what feeds PTSD, and PTSD expands exponentially from fear, ie. PTSD is seen through symptoms fed by negative emotions.

6. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thanks Anthony, shit that was scary reading your reply it is oh so true what you have written. I shall start on a private ASAP Thanks Rob.

7. anthony

Nugget, before your cliff, there is another obstacle, what is it, and please describe it?

8. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Anthony not putting any thought into the question which i mean im not looking to deeply into it. I see him running towards me its a vision i see any time i let my mind wonder. Putting some thought into it i thought may be some thing from my past to do with my sexual abuse but i can not bring any bad memories to the front. I can picture the events happening and taste and feel them but it dosent seem to bother me weired hope this some help. Thanks Rob

9. anthony

So is that obstacle a male person? Who is that male who has hurt you Rob?

10. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

The male is see is the arse wipe that ran out in front of my truck. My step father was the one who sexually abused me but i find it hard to see a picture of him as soon as i do my mind just shuts it out.
    (I have some time today to start a private diary so i will start it from the first memory i can remember). Cheers rob

11. anthony

Before that obstacle of a male person Rob, there is another obstacle, what is it and please describe it?

12. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

As much as i think about it or not i can only come up with that people wont believe me regarding the suicide there wernt any witnesses i had to rely on the road evedence and the police findings. And my PTSD symptoms i fear that people cant see whats wrong with me they think im lying.

13. anthony

Rob, why does it matter what other people think? Plenty of things go on in this world mate that rely on only one persons statement, no witnesses. It doesn't make you a liar Rob because someone stepped out in front of your truck to commit suicide and nobody saw it directly. Lets look at the facts Rob:

# What does the police report outline about the incident Rob?
    # Did the police breath test you? If so, what was the result?
    # Did the police drug test you? If so, what was the result?
    # Had you slept correctly with the allocated hours before driving?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar