1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Nuggets Survives A Month Being Mum

Discussion in 'Accomplishments' started by nugget, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Well its been a month now since ive started my new roll as housemaid, so far all the clothes have been washed and dried on time, the meals have almost made it to the table about tea time. I must admit the bold and the beautiful have got me hooked i cant go a day without seeing who Ridge is going to have sex with.

I take Booga to kindy four days a week, he goes for three hours so theirs not a great deal of time to do much, so its normaly off to the shops for a bit of milk and bread then home to do a few chores. I set the alarm clock on my moblie phone to remind me to pick him up, i know i take him there each day but by the Christ do you think i can remember to pick him up.

One good thing to come out of my new job is that i am driving the car more, to the shops ,kindy and pick Jods up from work, its quite funny driving along when you have a moment, all around you seems to go from fast to slow then spiral into a funnel shape, like im about to enter a time tunnel.This maybe why i only drive around our local area most of the time MMM, i cant drive first thing in the mornings Christ knows where i would end up and night time the lights just do me in some thing shocking like a bad night on crack if you had to stare at a disco ball for hours.

Well shopping has its ups and downs, didnt realise how many dickheads lived in Australia let alone Adelaide, shit and they all shop where i do, can you believe that. Me and Booga set off the other morning list in hand, before we entered we had a little arguement mind you hes 4 im 44. He asked me where we were shopping i said Woolworths no probs with that we kept on going, then i hear mum and me go to Woolies, its ok mate its the same place, how can it be, well it is. So we arrive at Woolworths,and Booga says i told you dad its Woolies, Strike 1 to Booga. As we walk around shopping Booga starts to say good morning to all the people in the isle, to my amazement he seems to pick out the ones that need some cheering up not the Dickheads but the ones that looked down. He put smiles on many a face that morning Strike 2 for Booga.

So back to the home front me and the boy try to do things to suprise mum, like going that little bit extra with the toilet training he does it all himself apart from the paper work so ive been trying to teach him how to do it. Pardon the pun but shit can that be a messy job, all goes well when dads there to do the job but when the little man sneeks off and trys to look after himself, well i dont think i need to paint a picture, and i get his little face looing up at me and he says, am i helping DAD, well yes you are Booga the washing machine gets very lonely without any clothes in it so lets give it some and the bath looks lonely to while we are at it, what do you say little fella.

Bugger look at the time Jods will be home soon, a quick run around the house put away a few things a little tidy here a little tidy there soon the place is back to some form of which she left, the smells are drifting from the kitchen from the meal that will be placed before her when she is ready to masticate.

Hows your day been love i ask Jods, as she tells me about the events of the day then in turn she asks me we do the husdand wife think then she looks at me and asks again and says you look crap so how you feeling. I cant hide the truth, i can hide the tales of the day, but the truth shows up in my body and eyes, i dont lie or keep the truth from Jods well maybe i dont tell her how im feeling all the time. But my point is im loving my new job its very draining on my brain not so much on my body but in time im sure the old grey matter will get used to it,well i hope it does before Booga can wipe his own arse anyway.

Cheers from your housewife freind Nugget

Jim likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Well Rob...you've come to the other side. Congrats! All those decades men have run off at the mouth about how easy it is to be a housewife/housemom. Now you know the truth! And isn't it fun (NOT) to lose an argument with a four year old? LOL

You're doing great, man. And you're doing it with that Nugget grace and style.

Lisa

BTW-I hadn't realized that the Dickheads had immigrated from Tampa to Adelaide!! Aren't they a fun bunch? And they're sneaky, too. They have this network of spies and they always know to show up where you are. *grumble*

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I think many of the Dickheads migrated here too. They seem to be coming in hoards lately! *grumbles*

Well done Rob. Your doing wonderful and lord, I've lost many an argument to my kids... lol it's rather annoying.

Looking forward to hearing more. It always puts a cheerful smile on my face....

bec

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Nugget,

I know that having PTSD sucks the big one......I just wanted you to know that I love your sense of humor, your stories, and wanted to say "Thanks."

Stay well, stay strong.....

Thanks again,

Wen

6. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Wonderful Rob, very well done! Lovely too, that it sounds as though you are really enjoying yourself!

7. Nicolette

Nicolette ♡ Supporter Admin ♡ Supporter Admin Sponsor $100+

Top job Rob!

Well done

8. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

thanks for the smile nugget I really needed it. Holly