• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

OCD / Stuff / Clean up.. OMG It Is Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! It's starting to get easier and easier to just chuck the crap I no longer need! So i'm improving!

This is Matt's room. Previously, it had a double bed, twin bed, three large dressers, a big blue trunk of toys, large bookcase, tons of toys stuffed everwhere you could think of.. the closet was beyond stuffed.. LOL

Now this is where it's at... all that is left is to get two foam chairs for in front of the "gaming zone." LOL Matt can't wait... ohh and get the bottom drawer of his dresser, my dad is fixing it..

bec

Attachments

• CIMG0337.JPG
    CIMG0337.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 227
  • CIMG0338.JPG
    CIMG0338.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 245
  • CIMG0339.JPG
    CIMG0339.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 170
  • CIMG0340.JPG
    CIMG0340.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 262
Looking good, bec!

I try to do small sections....a desk drawer here, the top shelf of a closet there....it helps make it manageable.

hehe didn't take any.. your mouths would have dropped. I have to say that everytime I walk in these two rooms I feel as if it's empty! It's nice though. I feel less stressed out..

Looks like I will be scraping all that nasty tar paper off my hardwood floors weekend after next.. that will be nice to get done.. it's driving me nuts.

bec

Great job and good going the less clutter the better you will feel.

Gives me an idea with the pics. Wonder if I should take all around pics of rooms in their clean state and place them in a drawer in each room and when I ask for help from the guys give them photos of how it "should" look when done. Hubs says he sees the difference from my cleaning to his, he just does not understand when he is cleaning how little things add up to look messy in my mind. So maybe a snap shot of "my mind" LOL... Sorry head very very far up my ass today.

Oh... lovely and clean. I am a bit of a clean freak... soooooooooo, you would expect things to be that way with me. Not over the top, but just clean and tidy.

Ohh you busted my bubble image of you! You mean your not some nasty hard ass that insists everything just be exactly so?? LOL, hmm guess your not all the same eh?

My military ex was aweful for that and he was a pack rat on top of this placement freak! LOL when I first left him I still had everything in just a certain place.. now I make sure that I move stuff periodically.. lol still trying to be defiant five years later.. :crazy:

bec

Yes our chair has the diamond pattern as well bec. I'm pretty positive it's the same chair! Your place looks good. I love everything clean and neat. I'm a minimalist. I hate clutter.

My military ex was aweful for that and he was a pack rat on top of this placement freak! LOL when I first left him I still had everything in just a certain place.. now I make sure that I move stuff periodically.. lol still trying

He was a pack rat AND a placement freak? That is so ****ed up. Usually it's one or the other. I'm a bit of the latter, but not that bad. Everyone in my family is neat, though.

Well I am DETERMINED to become a "neat and minimal" person.. LOL

My dad came by tonight.. looked around didn't really say much.. but started calling me the pitcher.. LMAO.. cause I'm pitching everything.. he was teasing me by telling my dog to watch out because I'll pitch her too.. It was funny and made me feel good.. since he usually freaks out whenever I try and get rid of stuff..

I will take a before pic and an after pic of my utility room (Peeks up sheepishly) as I've already gone through it once.. and it's still a disaster! Nic is going to tackle that with me Sat. morning.. hehe those pics will give you and idea of what the WHOLE house looked like..

I have to say.. this has been a great thing for me to do. I feel so much better about being in my house. I'm getting really really good at going through stuff, on my own, and just tossing crap! I look around and feel proud of how much I've got done and how much I've been doing all on my own. Great boost for myself.. I am sooo glad I did this.

I recommend anyone who was packratting like I was, to get a good freind and start pitching! What a difference it makes in the house!

bec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back