1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Odd...Change at Work is Good For Me

Discussion in 'Social' started by Marlene, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

I found out last week that my company, in a cost cutting move, was cutting out over time across the board for all hourly employees. I've worked there for almost six years now and from day one I've had OT scheduled into my day. It's been 2.5 hours minimum per week. This change started on Monday of this week.

When I found out that I was losing hours, I was a little worried. Sitting down and figuring things out (money things) helped a lot. One thing I didn't expect was now that I get off from work and get home earlier than before it's really helped me to relax more in the evenings. Traffic is lighter and I spend less time on the road. I'm taking that extra time to lie down, rest, read, or take a short nap when I get home. It's really improved my evenings quite a bit in just the last four days.

I've got to say...if this keeps up, it is definately going to be more than worth the lost work time.

Lisa

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Marlene,

Sounds like it might just be a good trade off.....Less $$$..... more mental health benefits....Sounds good to me....I can't wait to get home in the afternoon and just crash.......

Wen

4. Marlene

Oh, most definately a good trade. I'm still amazed at the difference 30 minutes a day is making.

Lisa

5. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Im oh so tempted to write some thing here but i cant get my mind out of the gutter, Sorry Lisa :rolleyes:

6. Marlene

Hey Rob...when I was doing the back-stroke through the gutter this morning I thought I saw a familiar face!!

Oh and if you feel the need to write, please don't stand on ceremony on my account. Just jump right in. *grin*

Lisa

7. She Cat

Oh you two are so bad....LOL!!!!! Can't wait to see what Rob replies with.......

8. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Ohh, I think we all know what 30 minutes a day he is referring to, it is just now we can't think straight after reading that. Rob, you are a pleasant lil' stink.

9. permban0077

Lisa, I hope you enjoy your free time! Sounds great.

10. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Why is it that people jump to dirty thoughts straight away.

It was only a few days ago while watching a doco on pigs that i lernt that they have Orgasms that last for 30 minutes now thats one way to spend you extra time how relaxing a 30 minute Orgasm.

Imagine how relaxed the brain and body would be after that, the dishes would never get done, the house work, what house work !etc etc.

So maybe i been thinking all those years our mummy dearest kept yelling at us to clean up our rooms calling us little pigs and our rooms pigs stys.

Were we on our way to becoming the greatest people to ever have Orgasms and we were cut short in our prime because we had to clean our rooms.

Is this where it all started for us all, ITS NOT OUR FAULT (speaking for the men) this is where the 2minute syndrome started from, cleaning rooms.

So the way i see it if we were all allowed to live in pig stys we would of been able to have 30 minute Orgasm.

I have spent a week thinking and could not come up with a better way to spend 30 minutes

Marlene likes this.
  11. She Cat

How enlightening this read has been.....Thank you for all of this information....I'm sure this is just what we needed....

PS....I almost sprayed tea all over my monitor while reading this....Next time I think I will not be drinking while reading.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. jods

jods Well-Known Member

How lucky am I to be married to nugget the pig!:smoking:

13. permban0077

Almost sent me into tears laughing.