• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Off Hamster Wheel: How Did You Lower Some Stressors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it started with REBT (Albert Ellis' Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy), cranio sacral, CBT, ACT and DBT in just about that order. With those stressors? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Most of the stress was accepting that for whatever reason I am called to live a self disciplined and personally responsible life if that's what you mean.

Most of the stress was accepting that for whatever reason I am called to live a self disciplined and personally responsible life if that's what you mean.

I appreciate your offer of modalities and such. :) Does the above quote offer that your 'acceptance' of self discipline and personal accountability helped to lower your reaction time or your internal stress response mechanism? *Please see edited post 9 for definition (I found Anthony's thread). I needed the clarification as I was missing some of the boat on the word stressor.

See...I am still smoking cigarettes as a go-to when I stress (not a self disciplined nor healthy coping mechanism) and becoming still reactive at times. So I was wondering if members might share how they lowered their Stress Cup or lowered one (or more if they are super fierce) stressors successfully.

I like many of the suggestions that I have read from everyone thus far! Thank you all sincerely.:tup:

self soothing, more than a year

((hugs)) Did you do this while under the guidance of a therapist in order to stop the intrusive thoughts during relaxing/self-soothing? I keep feeling (and of course feelings are not facts...sighs) that I am avoiding not relaxing.

Did you have those conversations with your T, self or anyone else...lol? How did you finally let go?

I never labeled them as intrusive thoughts, they felt more like guilt for not "doing" enough. This is something I have been working on with my T, learning to prioritize myself And that my needs matter as much as anyone else's.

How did I finally let go? I think it was very gradual. I think that in the beginning I worked on taking 5min just for me. Eg playing a single game eg iPhone app. I dint go straight to nothing, That would have been too hard.

Challenging the thoughts were done slowly with my T but also reading lots here and seeing how others struggled and how I wasn't alone. Also I could be more compassionate with them than myself and over time I started to see that.

Thank you all for your offers. I do not feel as frustrated for my plans for moving forward.

@Anrish I am incorporating a daily routine that includes a walk (or light workout for when it rains, or I get wobbly, ect) to replace the morning cigarette. So thank you for your idea. It will add a sense of structure and assist my health.

@ghotiff I am going to find one safe game to download on my PC to start to learn to play again. I need to do right-side lobe increase anyway to help recovery on some motor concerns. Any thoughts of a simple one to help me smile?

This Hamster is happy!

Thanks everybody...

konlang.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back