• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

OIF Vet Here - PTSD From Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riger

New Here
Hello all. I returned from Iraq in Nov, after being on the gun truck platoon and stationed in Baghdad. We conducted various missions all over, and I was the lead truck in the convoys all year. Needless to say, I am a wreck. In March, I went to see the doc and they diagnosed me with PTSD. I have been going to therapy, takin my meds...etc, but right now I am doing "baby steps" so to speak. Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi", and possibly make a friend or two.

Welcome to the forum, PTSD is all about baby steps. They do add up eventually and make it worth it.

Riger,

First of all welcome.........I am sure that you will find friends here.

Secondly.... THANK YOU and all of the troups for doing what you are doing, and have been to protect us, and so many others around the world....You guys, and girls are awsome, and deserve so much more. I'm soory that we meet under these conditions. PTSD is a beast, but you will come to terms with it, and learn with much time and work that it can be managed.

There is life after PTSD!!!!!!!!

Wendy

hi riger,

i second what she-cat said, THANK YOU so much for defending my freedom and my country, and welcome.

Welcome Riger,

I am so very sorry your service brought you here, but glad you found us - this is a good place for support and information. Take good care.

When I hear people say "Thank you", a sense of pride swells up in my chest. I served in the Marine Corps in 97-01, then got out. Once 9-11 hit, I went into the U.S Army,served in Iraq, and am getting "retired" because of my severe Chronic PTSD.
The reason why I joined the Army after 9-11, was for "our" children, and "my" children. I just wanted to protect them the best that I could.

I know what you mean, Riger. After 9-11, I checked out the military web sites, but found out I was too old. Too old for the CIA, too, by just a few years. I thought at least I could learn to be a translator, since I'd learned one other language and once planned to learn Arabic or Urdu anyway. Oh well.

It's interesting that you say Hodge, cause while I was on R&R back home, my Uncle was in. He retired from the Army a few years ago, and told me "I wish I was the one going Nephew...." Your post sparked a good memory of him to me, and I thank you.

I'm glad to have sparked a good memory for you, Riger. I have found that good memories and thoughts of others and myself are part of the nourishment I need as I work through what all caused my ptsd and learn to manage it. Take care!

Welcome Riger, I am sure you have found the right place to assist you with your healing and also what a wonderful support system here, its surreal.

I too want to Thank You for all you have given to provide safety and security to all. Godspeed in Recovery.

Theresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back