1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Ok My 2 Cents - Too Fall In Order To Rise

Discussion in 'Accomplishments' started by Terry, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

My biggest successes didn't start out that way. I had to fall flat on my face to pick myself up. Got relieved of duty (the movie version is taking your gun and badge, which they did but I've got extras of both....) for going off on a LT. and threatening to kick his butt. The Lt. I couldn't stand was the first to stand by my side (she has PTSD and saw it in me). Off work for 4 months, worked 2 months then off for a year when the seizures started again. During all this time off I was forced to spend alot of time looking inside myself, trying to figure out why everything was sooo screwed up, denying the fact that I already had PTSD and brain injuries. Finally when I got soooo low Kim (my wife) came back to pick up the peices. I know I wouldn't be here now without her. I learned to walk with my chin up, back straight and kickin the shit out of life. Even though I still have alot of problems I now feel better than I have in a long time. Just getting out of bed before noon is a success, the squirrel that I didn't run over is a success, finding my favorite summer shirt is a success. I think you get my message here. Don't try to measure them just enjoy them.
    My punctuation SUCKS. Ain't gonna fix it either.

anthony and a3a2 like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Terry,

Looking inside yourself-really scary! But I think it's the only way we can really change and get better. I'm glad you had people who saw what you were going through and stood by your side. Your successes are your own and need no measuring.

And isn't it wonderful we don't get graded on spelling, punctuation, etc. here? LOL

4. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Your are lucjy to have a good wife. Family support is always important.

5. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Your right in thinking we understand your message, I know that I do. I use to say, just slicing an orange, preparing a sandwich for myself or remembering to have a drink of water, ever falling asleep, or being able to show up for anything in life, was a huge success for me in the course of a day.

The whole thing: getting out of bed before noon and on an on, including finding anything......I pers. too have understood as a success. And, your post reminded me, and refreshed my attitudes that still regularly need correcting and brought back to basics.

Terry, what you've written I truly have understood and now find inspiring again.

Hope

6. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

This is so important and such a wonderful attitude, Terry! Every little bit of progress counts, however small. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

7. cragger65

cragger65 I'm a VIP

Loved this post, it's just what I needed to hear today.

8. naturalfirebrand

naturalfirebrand Member

My way of looking at this is when you hit rock bottom the only way to go is up.

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Good for you Terry... sounds like a really great positive success for you. All positive growth is good growth, and you can't complain about that IMHO. Well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar