• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Okay Guys, Special Request...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody great idea mate... well done.

Kim, if you read this, let me just say that I have personally been to hell and back and PTSD, marriages, children, etc etc... and here I am, healed and a much better person that I ever thought possible I could be. There is no reason you cannot heal from PTSD and become a new person, as you can never be your old self again, but you certainly can become a more improved version of yourself. PTSD can be managed, even though its not curable, it most certainly can be managed, but you have to want to learn and get yourself better. Without your willingness and determination to get better, no amount of support or help is going to heal you. If your ready to get yourself better, we can help you achieve this if you have the will and desire.

I hope to be chatting with you soon.

Anthony.

John,

I think it your gesture is one made out of pure love, to want to help your wife and to seek out a forum where she could get support from people who suffer just as she does. You're a rare gem for that, and I absolutely admire your gesture for those reasons. As everyone else here, I would absolutely welcome her with open arms to these forums. I'm going to say this objectively and I hope it isn't taken the wrong way, as I do recognize your gesture as a selfless gesture meant to help the wife you love so dearly. However, I believe people seek help when they are ready. Like the old saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink", your attempt is purely out of love, but please don't be too disappointed if she isn't ready to 'go public' with her PTSD right now.

I know with me, I trust very little, which is why I don't post here often... I have always been able to tell my story with ease, only because it seems so surreal to me, like it didn't happen to me... Like I'm telling someone else's story. But I can see where many DO fully understand what has happened to them and still find it too overwhelming to share with a large group of people until they get help to feel a bit more open about sharing their lives.

Please, do show her this thread to show her that when she's ready, we will welcome her with open arms and much understanding and support

Kells

Hi Kim,

Your husband is a wonderful man for trying to encourage you in our direction for some support. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here that will benefit you on your journey to healing, when you are ready. We all need support........those with PTSD, spouses/partners, children or other support people. It really helps sometimes just to get on here an vent. Although I don't have PTSD, the spouse's forum has allowed me the medium to express some of my fears, frustrations and even funny moments (yes we do have them occasionally) without adding to the home turmoil. The other benefit of this forum is that it allows you to be as anonymous as you wish.......even if you just joined to read the posts that would certainly help you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back