• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

On the waitlist again - advice for what to do in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisK

New Here
Hi all, I've just returned to work two months ago after a long leave of absence (about nine months with the black dog) and I've been adjusting back into a normal routine fairly well on my own but a few days into my return to work my T and I had our last appointment. Our mental health center is reassigning her to new clients and it just happened to be a bad time for me.

So now I'm on the waitlist for a new T and old feelings are starting to come back. I asked my P for a mental health support group last month but nobody's called me back and so I guess that's why I came to you guys.

Just looking for advice, online services that will help me, techniques, anything you think is relevant. Thanks. ❤

Has anything been effective for you in the past? Any daily structures that help you stay stable, that you can maintain even though you’re back at work?

I’d call the psych office again as well, for that referral to a support group. It’s so frustrating, but sometimes practices let people slip through the cracks. Sounds like that might have happened with your inquiry.

Hey Joey, thanks for the response. I will take your advice and call back the psych office Monday morning when they re-open. As for now I've exhausted all of my coping strategies so I may just have to call the suicide hotline again. It is such a curse to live with this...

Thank you for the kind words and sorry I didn't log on here to update sooner. Got a call today from the person running the support group. They must be quite busy.

This forum has been like a support group for me for the last while in the absence of therapy so I must say thank you to all the members and admins - especially those writing replies and putting likes. It is very appreciated!

Hi TravisK

Welcome to the forums. This site and 1 other one has been my support group since my therapy fell apart last year. Reading/replying to threads and chatting has helped me. Good luck with finding a group for support in real life. Here will help in the mean time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back