1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

One Down, One To Go - Medication Gone

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by waynes, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynes

waynes Member

all,
    This last week and a half, I have noticed a big difference in my wife's behavior. Her dreams were not keeping her from getting good sleep, and her demeanore changed to a much more positive one. She has been up alot earlier, and she has been nesting... Rearranging the house and organizing. I have been observing and she is not manic, or overstimulated, just busy. I stayed silent, (not easy) until she finally decided to tell me what was up. Well she went to her Psyc. and told him what she had done first, so as not to worry me, but she has been off of one of her meds for 2 weeks, Welbutrin. She tells me how proud her Doc was!! Man she is doing so much better!
    Tells me she can feel again and sleeping better and is pretty excited. i have to stay as objective as possible but I am so proud of her! I had asked her if she was maybe overmedicated due to some symptoms she had and she must have been listening, because she decided to find out!! Welbutrin is short lived in the system and she had like no bad symptoms coming off of it!!
    She has a website that she created for helping people in our area and she has been working on that. It gives her a self worth that she really needs (www.helpinghope.org). I hope one of these days she can get off of the Paxil, but not until she is ready. It sure is great to see her on top!!!

Three cheers for Marilyn!!!!!!

Wayne:claps: :thumbs-up

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Great news Wayne.... pass on my congrats to your wife. It just takes a little time for people to often see just how much medication doesn't help them as much as they like to think!

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

and she has been nesting... Rearranging the house and organizing
    I love that expression gee Wayne she is doing really well.
    Hubby has been of his Panadeine Forte now for 4 weeks after taking them for years he is on a different pain inhibitor which is less harmful ( so the Doc says) I told him I was proud of him for getting of them. Well done to Marilyn and I hope things keep improving for you:hello:
    Jen

5. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

Way To Go ----yes !!!!

Glad to hear the changes are positive..............

Take Care

D (wildcritter)