• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

One Eye In The Past, One In The Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellabella44

MyPTSD Pro
This has been annoying me all day. I look down at myself and see a dress on me from when I was young. Maybe 13 or so. Black and white with spaghetti straps and a light jacket. Flatter chest too. But I also saw present outfit. And had to tell myself the body I'm seeing in the dress is past self, and the present is "full figured" and busty. My head hurts where my youngest fragment seems to be. Has anyone else experienced this?

Something similar happened to me last week. I was walking round my house and I could see it as it is now, but at the same time I could see it as it was twenty years ago, like one image was laid over the other. My therapist said it was a flashback, but not one that had pulled me right into it.

I think you just have to be gentle on yourself and recognise it for what it is. I went to bed and fell asleep and the following morning it had passed. I still remember how weird I felt, though.

yep its image on top of present. Don't know why I didn't think it was a flashback. It was only clothes not any emotions to go with it. Usually I'm slammed into how I felt while a situation plays itself out . Good to know its OK and part of this. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back