• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

One Good Thing . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenStrongerNow

MyPTSD Pro
I went to the grocery store today and didn't panic! :D :D :D

I stayed in the present, put things into the cart and told myself that I didn't need a plan. All of the stuff I put into the cart, I know we will eat throughout the week and combinations can be thought of as we go along. I did not get overwhelmed by all of the options because I told myself I would just grab things that we normally get, case closed.

What is one good thing that happened to you today?

I took my son to the farmer's market and we had a lovely time wandering. Got him a candy apple and his first t-shirt to the college he will be attending this fall. More than that, I made HIM make the decisions about what to do and eat. (Something he has had trouble with since I left his step dad) He had a little trouble with it but overcame it and seemed somewhat pleased with himself.
All in all, a good evening.

I only panicked a little today and managed to recover from a nightmare of seeing my abuser standing in the doorway of my present home

@EvenStrongerNow

One good thing about...

It happened to me yesterday as I posted the thread on what happening.

The good thing is that I controlled myself and not allow myself to lose my control when co-worker who tried to push button on me.

Spoke with my supervisor and it turns out supportive. My supervisor encourage me to try to stay professional much as possible. I tried so hard to stay professional by not say anything to this co-worker who decided to ask me "What is going on?" I response with one word "Nothing" this is to prevent myself to open myself to this person due to my nervousness and approach that the co-worker made.

This tells me something - it is better to keep quiet and don't response something that could trigger myself to the point the professionalism could become unprofessional.

I hope I'm making sense here.

I had a few good things happen to me today. I finally got a phone call from a very ill friend who is extremely sick.

I just shut the door on a salesman.

When a second salesman came he asked for my name and I did not give it. Good boundries today. Great post.

I've noticed that my posts have been about my son and how his decisions are affecting me. I should say, for a good thing, it is only one son who is having issues right now. The other son is doing fabulously. I think they take turns with this, ever since they were little. One would give me some trouble, the other would behave. One son is missing school, the other hasn't missed a day. I don't compare them in real life, but I am counting my blessings on here. It could be both sons at the same time struggling with school and where they are headed. Reminding me so much of myself back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back