• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

One Kind Thing To Say About Yourself.

• Thread starter Deleted member 12723
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to be a good sport about things when things do not go my own way. I tolerate alot of things.

I try to do things with my family for the sheer pleasure of it. I try to be as patient as I can be. I tolerate alot. When I am dissappointed I try to understand the others persons reasons for canceling our plans.

I have a soft heart. I am not bitter or hard hearted or narrow minded.
I really like this one Gizmo.

My mother, in her foolishness, thought it was wise to teach me to harden my heart, as she had decided was the best thing to do for herself...but I never listened to her. I knew instinctively that that is not something that is right for me, or that I would ever want to do. Softness is strength. I'm sorry for her that she did not get that lesson.

My mother, in her foolishness, thought it was wise to teach me to harden my heart

Oh my, my mom tried the same thing. It never worked for me and, if anything, just contributed my feeling bad or inadequate. It didn't occur to me until later in life that it was a strength not a weakness. I finally was able to tell those, especially my mother, that "toughening" up my heart wasn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back