• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Online Course For People With Complex Ptsd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LexInSpace

New Here
Has anyone tried an online course to help cope with their PTSD? I had been seeing a therapist doing edmr therapy. It seemed to be improving things slightly. It brought up a lot of memories I had suppressed though. So many of my symptoms have gotten worse. Then my insurance coverage ran out. I'm waiting to see if they'll approve more sessions. So in the meantime, I'm on my own. I have intense panic attacks, flashbacks, nightmares, dissociating, black outs, verbal outbursts...to name a few. I'm hoping to do a little self work to try and help calm my symptoms down. Has anyone tried ir heard of any online courses? I'm not ex military.

I haven't seen any courses but, you tube has a lot of meditations both guided and just peaceful music. I'm slowly going thru them and have found some I really like. I've also found some safe place ones but, they haven't worked for me.

I just Google "online courses for complex ptsd". I found one hosted by The American Association of Psycologists and one by VA (I'm not sure if you have to be a veteran).

There's also some short talks on you tube.

Have you considered workbooks? There's quite a few of them in all price ranges.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back