• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Oral Sexual Abuse Triggering

• Thread starter Deleted member 27340
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 27340

I was just wondering what triggers you (those who have gone through this) have connected to oral sexual abuse and "how" you trigger?

I get nauseous and feel as if no air really ever makes it to my lungs even though I'm actually breathing fine. Sometimes the feeling of suffocation makes my throat physically close, leaving me unable to breathe properly. Else than that I get a really disgusting feeling of pressure at the back of my throat, and it feels like everything is being put pressure on. I end up breathing with my nose, pressing my mouth really hard shut and push my tongue up. I'll often rub my throat or cover my mouth as well, all without really thinking of it.

It's really disgusting, I hate it. Just wondering what it's like for others.

Quite a lot like what you describe, except that for me, for now at least, I differentiate between the not getting enough air and the other symptoms you describe. They feel like two separate sets of trauma for me but I'm still sorting this out. There is also a feeling of having something stuck in my throat I need to get out. Definitely nausea. My emotions become like a hurt, frightened child's. I don't have clear episodic memories of where this comes from, but it's pretty easy to deduce by putting a lot of different pieces together. I'm sorry about how you are suffering @Trauma.

I'm not sure if this was part of your question, but I'm not sure what happens that triggers these feelings for me. It just sort of happens from time to time as far as I can tell at this point.

Last edited:
There is also a feeling of having something stuck in my throat I need to get out.
This absolutely applies to my own experiences... I swallow and cough and sometimes I've got a burning desire to make myself throw up.

My emotions become like a hurt, frightened child's.
Same for me as well.

I don't have clear memories either, but I remember some stuff from different incidents and lots of body memories. My triggers make things pretty obvious, though. My best friend knew of this thread's kind of abuse before I was even near accepting it had happened. He said he though I was afraid of someone shoving their genital down my throat, with those words, and that it was based on my reactions to jokes and films like Prometheus. Hearing it made me a wreck for the next two hours, crying lots like a little baby with flashbacks, but it forced me to acknowledge that kind of experience along with other similar ones.

I'm sorry about how you are suffering [DLMURL="https://www.myptsd.com/c/members/27340/"]@Trauma[/DLMURL].
:hug: I'm sorry (for you) and happy (for support) to hear I'm not alone.

What triggers it was part of my question. It just happens mostly for me too, but it can also be triggered by people joking with things (I'm in middle school, it's trigger-hell) or eating things like bananas. If I eat bananas I eat them from the side. People think I'm nuts :P

What you describe Trauma is exactly what I used to get, I would close my throat off along with the emotions of a frightened, disgusted child..I do have clear memories. This did leave me once I had worked on my past and it no longer effects me at all. Hope it will be the same for you.

It would be triggered with food, hearing suggestion, and one of my worst....French kissing. Sometimes it would happen for no reason at all.

Last edited:
What triggers it was part of my question. It just happens mostly for me too, but it can also be triggered by people joking with things (I'm in middle school, it's trigger-hell) or eating things like bananas. If I eat bananas I eat them from the side.
Yes, now you mention it, there are certain kinds of food... but it's breakfast time over here so I think I'll leave it at that for now.

Mostly though, it just happens.

Mine is from abrupt waking crawling out of flashback in sleep (Hah sleep). It is rare that I can stop instant gag, choke and then vomit. Not nausea, empty stomach retching. Mostly every day. Triggers, brushing teeth, vitamins, food early in day. Now have lunch for breakfast.

Other triggers trying do do a resume, interview, especially filling out an application. Rare to get the interview and then vomit does not work so good to impress.:spitdummy:

I was just wondering what triggers you
Same as You @Trauma on the bananas. Also breadsticks, straws, and sometimes my top retainer.:sick: When my throat feels tight from a minor allergy (or anxiety).

and "how" you trigger
Can't breath, nausea that progresses to throwing up most of the time, shaking, and feeling like someone's gripping me somewhere again.

Yes @Trauma and exactly as you describe it. Mine stems from an incident in my early teens and really was the final nail in self hatred. That one took years to deal with and reprogram.

I would close my throat off along with the emotions of a frightened, disgusted child..I do have clear memories. This did leave me once I had worked on my past and it no longer effects me at all. Hope it will be the same for you.
This is slightly off-topic, but did you always have clear memories or did they eventually come back as clearer throughout the time you spent reprocessing it?

Yes...it's horrid. I thought I was alone.
I also thought I was alone in this... especially being triggered by those kinds of foods and stuff.

It's comforting, as well as sad, to see that I'm not the only one with this kind of trigger.

Trauma.....Very good question! In the early days( pre processing) some memories were clear but emotionally distanced...like a thick, thick fog....emotional barrier...a lot I had totally forgotten , a bit like how you have a bad dream, know it was bad, but don't remember til later in the day what the dream was about....It suddenly hits you....that's what it was like bringing the forgotten parts back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back