1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Our Cat is Good Anger Management

Discussion in 'Social' started by batgirl, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I feel kind of silly sharing this but oh well... my aunt has this older cat, a siamese named Chairman Meow, who has really become attached to me since I moved here. He follows me everywhere, sits on me, sleeps with me and so on. I find him annoying so sometimes I have told him to go to hell, called him names, and I have yelled at him when I was angry. But I'd always feel guilty for doing it and give him a treat afterwards sort of to say sorry for yelling. Anyhow, the funny part is, he now associates me being angry with getting cat treats! Now whenever I am angry, upset, losing my temper or whatever he will come running, all excited and expecting treats. It's actually good because when I see him I realize I'm upset and I have to stop and think about it for a minute whilst I am getting his treats. He interrupts my anger sort of. Plus he does these cute jumps in the air if you throw him a treat, he will even do a somersault sometimes so it often cheers me up a bit. He's still super annoying and he meows way too much but he is helping me manage my anger a bit.

Portabella likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. FMXrider

FMXrider New Member

Or maybe he can tell that when you stop to give him his treat it also helps you. Animals have a way of sensing things we can’t.
    We had a Siamese cat (she was a family cat) they got her before I was born. I grew up with her. She liked best I guess. lmao she slept with me and always was around when I was upset. She knew the secrets of our house. She’d put her out and when she was done my cat would come in and curl up by me. I slept with her every night of my life (unless I wasn’t home) till we put her down. We had to put her down only a few months after she was arrested. I’ve heard that cats have a since that they can tell when u r sick and stuff.. I don’t feel like it was a coincident (?spelling) that she got bad after…….. It wasn’t just a one day thing she slowly started getting sicker and sicker after the Witch was arrested. I dk ( and u can call me nuts) but I think she hung on till she knew the secrets were out.
    I think Chairman Meow know something is up and it helps when he come for a treat. lmao pluse he gets his treat. lol or it could be u trained so well. lol

nie likes this.
  4. Damiea

Damiea Well-Known Member

LOL that is just such a funny story! Animals can be blessings in the strangest ways sometimes.. and that is very insightfull of you to notice things like how the cat reacts to your moods or tone of voice and take note of his behavior to check yourself.. and still get a giggle out of it all! Sometimes I think animals that are a part of our every day life are really here to help us get through life.. we just tend to ignore them or not really see them after awile. and did you know Siamese cats are very picky with who they like and who they don't.. very well known to be a one person type of cat. lol and you never know.. maybe all his meowing is him yelling at you calling you bad names to work off his stress and anger at the rest of the family members! LOL

5. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Kudos to you for noticing and allowing chairman Meow for helping you....

and....

for Chairman Meow:clap::clap::clap:

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Interesting method... it works, use it I say!

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Here is a picture of the cat in question.

Jim.

Attached Files:

8. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Beautiful cat! Sounds like he's smart, too, and kind of a partner in your healing - that's great. . . though he can be annoying. I have the same problem with our kitten, lol.

Our animals know when one of us is upset, too. Our dog especially will come and sit by whoever's upset, give a couple kisses, and try to assauge the upset by making us pet her. It does help.

9. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Thanks everyone, I think I am going to continue "using" him to help me with my anger as long as he obliges. Yeah he's a nice looking cat Hodge but super annoying and talkative. He looks quiet in that photo but I know the TRUTH!! :p I don't think your nuts FMX... animals seem to sense things that people don't. So you ride FMX? So does my cousin Jacob. Anyways welcome to the forum.

10. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Evie,

Sounds like a smart kitty. Even if annoying. I figure we use whatever we have at hand to help us and you've got Chairman Meow (love the name BTW). Use him if it helps!

Lisa

11. FMXrider

FMXrider New Member

batgirl, i pasture ride. lol i don't compete, I compete with horses tho.

12. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

He is beautiful!!!!

13. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

Chairman Meow

My cats are talkers too, and that's a trait of Siamese cats, they are intelligent, and they try to communicate with humans. Mine know when I am crying, depressed or angry and they come running to me. They are little bundles of love. Just petting them makes me feel better, and them too.