• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Our Pets

A dog is your best friend.jpg

My dog Belle loves to go for car rides. Everyday I go out for a mocha frappe, and she comes with me. She is just as happy to come home as to go. She gets so excited. She loves to chase my cat Loki. But Loki is sleeping on cat pillars, so she can look out the window. Belle loves it when it is time to go to bed. Sometimes she cuddles me when I am on the recliner. She loves to lick faces. I am so glad I have my animals. They make me smile. This is a great thread.

My dog Belle is a Japanese Chin. They are called clown dogs because they act so goofy and silly. I love it when she has dog races by herself and runs wild around the house. I love it when she sits outside a door waiting for me to pet her. I love her when she is taking a dog nap. She buries her dog bones all over the house. Lately she has been bringing them to bed with us. I don't even know where she hides these things in the house. I just love her so much. I love it when she lets me hold her. She is a real little dog.

I have two cats - my younger one (almost a year old) has been a little attention deprived I think. I had just taken some clips out of my hair and put them on the table. He tried to steal the clip, I took it from him, so he grabbed a tissue, I took that away, so he grabbed my watch. I grabbed that, so he grabbed a CD and ran. Nothing like a little cat carrying a CD in a case and running away, lol. Once he stole my debit card and hid it under the bed. I don't have kids, but at times I wonder if that's what having a toddler is like.

Here are my babies and my very best friends...I don't know what I would do without them!!

BUBBA (9 year old yellow lab - had him since he was 7 weeks. He weighs 125lbs)
bubba.jpg

RILEY (4 year old Maltese - saved him from the pound at 8 months. He weighs 7lbs and thinks he's in charge of Bubba :))
20080205_035847.JPG

And ELLIE (she is 12 years old and yes, she has one eye. We saved her from the pound and she is the QUEEN of everyone)
DSCN0262.jpg

I have a tiny white budgie. She's very nervous, just like me, but because I don't make sudden movements much or make much sound we get along very well. Sometimes her squeaking can drive me insane. Other times watching her is very calming.

iwE07.png

Her name is Biscuit. I actually don't know if "she" is a she or a he, but I figure if she doesn't care then neither do I.

Well, today my cat got his first taste of the great outdoors. I like to have the window open on nice days. There is a screen and he just sits there and looks out the window. Until today...he pounced through the open window and knocked out the screen. It scared the crap out of me! I got him back inside and have now closed the window. He's devastated and keeps inspecting around the window to figure out how it will get back out there....and how he's begun pacing. Poor guy.

Back