• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Our Pets

Okay, so although he's one of Dec's many pets, I think of him as my own and thought I'd share.

20120604_230157-1.jpg
This is Dyson, he was feeling very cuddly that night, so kept still long enough for some really cute pictures!

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading a lot, and many of us have pets that really help us and enrich our lives. I just thought I would start a thread about our pets. Something bright in a really dark week.

Intothelight

I thought this would fit in nicely. Just came across it:

I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY by Janine Allen CPDT*

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well. Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.

Hi Srain, I'm glad you liked it! I was reading the posts here and missing my 15 yr old Pomeranian that had to be put to sleep 6 months ago. I went and looked at some pet adoption sites and saw this. I barely finished reading it before I was back here posting it. I thought it was soooo appropriate!!

My dog Belle is taken to laying down with me in my chair and taking a little dog nap. She has taken to jumping up on my lap to give me puppy kisses. She loves to go for car rides. We take her with us every day. She gets so excited. She loves to look out the windows. We are finally bonding. We got her at 8 months old so it took awhile for the real bonding to take place. I just love my animals.:laugh:

Back