• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Our Tolerance & The Word "god" Being Blocked At Another Ptsd Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovery4Me

MyPTSD Pro
Hey Gang,

Even though some of our discussions may become robust at times,:clown: over all I am quite proud to be affiliated with this group. I have learned much with the guidance of the seasoned members and get so jazzed that I occasionally venture to explore, grow & share about our supporting membership.

At other forums, I constantly try to hit the "like" button (which is not there):oops: and do other bell and whistle stuff not afforded to those sites. GO Anthony, Nicolette and staff!!:tup: I am sooooo spoiled.

However, as I popped into another forum, I was offering an encouraged share. The share included giving credit to the resources, many supporting people, therapists & my Higher Power (God) in one sentence. I typed some of the great things I had learned here, included the word God in the close, hit post.

As I looked to review (I often make mistakes in spelling, ect) I saw G** on the board. :O_o:So I thought whoops, need to fix that. Type, stroke,peck & toggled post. Same result! One more time (slightly OCD;)), then just starring in disbelief. First, I thought hmm, I have just been asked a question that deals with sexual violence and sick stuff using descriptive words on a C-PTSD site that would curl my Grandmother's toes...but God is too scarey?:wacky:

So I was wondering...
1. How did the site do that automatically?
2. Has anyone else experienced this type of scenario and how did they handle it?
3. Does everyone realize how bloody lucky we are for this site and if so give a shout out please!
4. Thank each of you for the tolerance extended, that I may take for granted!:hug:

There is no place like home, Toto! toto.jpg

Two subjects that appear to be great taboo on many sites (even a cancer site I participate on)....religion (spirituality) and politics. However, they are both an integral part of each of our lives and of our societies. Actually, if everyone could learn to discuss these topics in a manner that allows the free sharing of ideas and honest discussion, without attacking, proselytizing or manipulating, then imagine what human relations on a larger scale would look like.

Intolerance is an evil all of its own and ignorance is its partner.

@scout86 :hug: Thanks for the shout out to the site and your wisdom.

@intothelight
I love it when your feisty with passion! :tup: I did not know that info,(even at a Cancer Site:nailbiting:). So I thank you and will place it in the current prospective. Wow,:banghead: we must be liberal with expression here! Right on;) Now I am twice as proud and grateful for our tolerance.

Last edited:
1. Well, the site might just have some scanning code in it, that upon posting goes through test and checks for a certain set, and then replaces that set with a different set, I made one or two of those as anti swearing plugins for a server before.
2. I have been to some very restricted talk spaces like that, it's really hard to open up and get support, so I led after first or second visit.
3. This place is my second home, but a comfortable home, I feel better here, reading about others. I feel so guilty every time I make a mistake and alert moderators with a bad post I made or something I did wrong while I wasn't reflecting at my actions, I wish to really apologize a lot to everyone and to the moderators and admins who care about this place and work so much on it, I don't know what to say, if it wasn't for this place, I wouldn't have the strength to move forward.
4. I want to help everyone so much, but sometimes I just get lost and don't know what to do, everyone on here is so nice towards me, and all I can do is selfishly take it, I promise when I am happy and able to help, I will stay here and help others!

i am not religious at all , but i am very much aware a lot of people find great comfort in religion and faith can be a great healer for some, i see no harm in allowing it , politics i find a bit different - its become toxic - i think we have all seen it and serves no purpose in an argument unless its about politics.
I feel free enough to disagree , and sometimes passionately, but i do try to respect the others views . not always perfect but trying

@otakujome :hug:
Thanks for the info on the scanner, your shout out for the site and your shares on the rest of the questions as well! However, please know you have helped others more than you know. I have expanded many areas with learning from your point of view. :tup: Also self-care is NOT the same as being selfish. So I am very happy to see you take care of you too!;)

Thanks @darrenS for your shout out and tolerance with empathy as well. I am glad you feel comfortable with sharing your points of view here 'passionately' as well! Hearing different views at times really helps me to see beyond my nose.:clown: So keep up the good work.:tup:

1. How did the site do that automatically?
Censor filters. I have it here, and can use it for any work I want, but I only automatically censor f*ck and c*nt, being the two worst. All the rest, I don't give a shit about, as swearing is part of vocabulary and especially those who have PTSD may want to express pent up frustration, they should have such right to do so without full censoring.

What you see above with those two words is me writing them in full, the system automatically replacing them on post.

@anthony Thank you for the explanation. I really was clueless.

I am slowly learning how valuable and unique this site is because of the many considerations placed within the forum, the man-hours labored and people involved.

At some point when I become more seasoned, (might take me a few years:clown: ) I wish to volunteer but until then I will donate a little each month in support to this gem. :notworthy:

We're the largest trauma and PTSD related forum in the world for good reason... and those reasons are a combination of me, staff, and membership.

Passion is what makes successful online communities, nothing else. That passion is a combination of the communities management and membership. Both aspects must always be willing to learn, adapt and evolve. Staff and members are constantly teaching me better ways to run the community... even though they don't realise it, that is where the majority of my decisions come from. PTSD the disorder is also constantly evolving, and thus we must all evolve to our subject.

Recovery4Me, they must have lot of hate in their hearts.

It's fine if we can't open some specific subjects which creates lot of trouble for everyone and requires lengthy explanations. Censoring about God just shows another thing. We can't talk about spirituality because the forum is specific for trauma concerns. I respect that. One or two words can't stir the forums towards that whole spiritual/religious subject. I like that Anthony respects everyone's view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back