• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Overwhelmed, again. internship caseload doubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you spoken to your professor yet? Have they discussed your letter?

I find your supervisors comments extremely disrespectful and highly unprofessional. If you did not care you would not be putting in the amount of hours you are currently doing. If you did not care you would not have come out of your comfort zone to write a letter of your concerns to your professor.

Her job as your supervisor is to address your concerns, guide you and be your mentor. Comments like what she has said are in no way productive and seem very unprofessional. Do not be crushed and do not let this get you down. Take this as a learning opportunity to push yourself out of your comfort zone again and stand tall and strong. You know what you want, you know what you need. Unfortunately there will always be people in life that try to hold us back, put us down, question our abilities but those people only strive to push us to meet our goals and dreams. If you know this is the career path you want then do not let this person,who is the one that should not be in the position she is, to stop you. Fight for your self, fight for your career, stand strong on what you know is right. You have done nothing wrong here at all. I have read your letter and it was written very well and with integrity, genuine concern and with a clear outline of what is needed for you to progress and grow. I work in a very professional environment, In have a very good job but there were times when people in power and that were supposed to guide me tried to push me back, I find it so hard to be assertive but at these times I made the choice to stand up and be heard. It is never easy to do but my god the feeling of achievement and self growth is worth all the fear, anxiety and stress. Believe in yourself. This is your time to show them you are not weak, you are not going to sit back, you will speak up, be heard and be someone that gets to where they want to be.

But please know I understand your fears right now and the feeling of being knocked. Everything is easier said than done!

I would push again to speak with your professor. Hope often do you get to see or speak with professor?

Keep me posted. Sending you all the thoughts, strength and support in the world!!!

So the evaluations with my professor went alright. My professor basically flattered my supervisor the entire time and talked to me to the point that my supervisor was taking notes about how to do supervision with me. At times, my supervisor mouthed at me with excitement, "OMG! Her and I are like the same person!"

I felt a lot better after that. I think my supervisor is a poor communicator, and my professor said everything that my supervisor WANTED to say, but couldn't.

That sounds very positive. I hope this has eased your anxiety and worry somewhat?

Are you feeling any better? I hope you feel proud and determined? You showed your strength and character and voiced your concerns.. everything that is needed to succeed. You showed them
Both you are not weak and not willing to be rude off or pushed around. Very good character traits to have in any business or position. I wish you all the best with your progress and career.

Keep us posted!

I am feeling a bit better, but it still hasn't lightened my load, and she seems to be going back to the same crap she was pulling before the talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back