• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Overwhelmed by PTSD Symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very long night

Ok, these symptoms seem to be winning. Last night was very hard. Lots of nightmares and flashbacks. Lots of crying. Went to Christmas dinner at my parents, felt like I was a stranger and didn't belong. I don't know what is happening to me. I have lots of supportive friends and family. But I can't stand to be around anyone lately. I either cry or want to rip someones head off. This can't be what my life is going to be like from now on. It is hell on earth

No CL, it won't be your life but it will have those moments! What you need to do is back track a little. What are the exact emotions? Where are they coming from exactly and work on those first. If you get ahead of yourself it will fall apart.

You came out with a heavy load so you are going to hurt and add in holiday stress... Yuck all the way around. Mine has gone nuts too.

Get to those root emotions and get them out and talk about them and it will ease those nightmares and flashbacks (go to the emotions list for help). I find once I get to feeling better I slack on areas that still need work and then it gets the best of me. Hubs is supposed to go through our (about a 1000) books and find all my self help things again so I can go back and start redoing some areas I have neglected.

After this move I feel like hell too. Panic has eaten me alive and yet I am trying to stay in my reducd med state - not a fun combo.

Remember to rest and get those actual feelings out of you. It will help things ease.

Cathy, the joys of no insurance here and too many hospital stays! We had it on the family as a whole but tons of money went out and no one needed it. $400 a month and if I was added it would jump to 8. But since this is "preexsisting" would not have helped any way... grrrr. Wish I could help with the startle but I cannot shake that one at all. Shakes, get easier over time and seem to come at high anxiety. I don't feel like I am coming out of my skin as much as before shaky wise. I do when I wake though a lot, normally it is a withdrawal effect of missing a dose of the xanax. Even if on very little now my body demands that little right then and don't miss it!

Hey cl, hope you are feeling better. that feeling that you are estranged from everyone is one of those "ptsd things". i was very relieved to discover that myself, as it allowed me to say--it's part of this, not really true, and if you keep fighting it, it does get easier.
cathy

Difficult Therapy Session - T asks what do I need?

I never have an answer to that question. What do I need most right now. I don't know, that is why I am paying her the big bucks!!!! It all comes down to fact that I never was supposed to need/want anything, so now I am just used to not asking for what I need. Make sense?

Yes, makes sense. But she is going to make you really dig down and be honest with yourself. Hard to do but it gets easier in time. One of the steps we take and why it is such a huge one coming here is acknowledging we need help so we sart posting and asking and then we share what we learn.

You can do this. Just look inside you a bit. And you don't have to need just one thing; start writing a list a see what starts pouring out. Might surprise yourself when you get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back