1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Paxil Under Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by anthony, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I thought I would include this here for those that have been on Paxil, are on Paxil, as its just one of those drugs which are proving my own theories, that drugs are just shit. It has excessive suicide rates, new born defects for women, etc etc...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I know this is a Paxil thread and thanks for the info... But other SSRIs like Zoloft gave me first hand experience it can send suicidal urges over, you don't have to be a kid. If I did not get off of it I can't swear I would be typing. Sorry if in the wrong spot but any SSRI should be approached carefully.

4. anthony

I agree totally, in that when I was on Lexapro, even though it calmed anxiety to a degree allowing me some room to breathe, it gave me more side effects than I care to ever have, one being extreme suicidal ideation. I am also lucky to still be on this earth today... It was only getting off Lexapro that I am here today.

5. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

i finally weened myself off paxil... I do feel more human. More feelings.. and I have had to work more on stuff. But it is worth the payoff. I am stil lon effexor. Thanks for posting this, I will take a lot at the link

6. anthony

Oh, for those interested, here is the actual news release, [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread1577.html[/DLMURL], that was published here some time ago in regard to Paxil.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  7. Charlie Lee

Charlie Lee New Member

If anyone is interested, here is additional information on paxil side effects and the current lawsuit against it:
    Paxil (Paroxetine) Birth Defect Lawsuits - www . rotlaw . com/lawsuits/paxil-lawsuit-information-center/?l=fpf

8. gamereign555

gamereign555 Grateful Survivor

It seems like the drug companies always have some kind of rediculous way to release their drug into the public, the fact that they tried to push Celexa to children is always a good story.

As for Charlie Lee's post the site just seems like an ad to me, there is no information there that everybody under the sun doesn't know already. The lawsuit is pretty old news, it was a big deal back in the day, it still is today but this is why your prescription of any anti-depressant comes with 5 pages of information on side effects, interactions, ect.

9. NIKI

NIKI I want to be the person my dog thinks I am. Premium Member Donated

When I was on Zoloft and then Prozac I was extremely suicidal. Now that I am off them I never think about it. I had no idea that the drugs were having this effect on me until I got off them.

10. gamereign555

gamereign555 Grateful Survivor

I experienced some pretty intense depression and anxiety when I felt like the Celexa was not working for me. It has since worked quite well for me, but I get the feeling that I might not need it anymore.