• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Peanut Cookies - [not Peanut Butter Cookies] - Recipes Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucycat

Sponsor
I am really struggling to find recipes to make peanut cookies that use peanuts rather than peanut butter. I have only found one, and we just tried it, without much success. It uses 'cups' rather than weight measurements so I had to guess - obviously wrongly. We have so many different sized cups in the house and I just picked a medium sized one. But the mixture is awfully dry so something is not right.

Has anyone got a tried and tested recipe that uses weighed measurements and is easy?

I am so dim. Thank you both. I did not think of googling 'cup of... ' nor did I know that a cup is 8. (fluid?) oz.
I might go back to my original recipe with these conversions and see what happens.

Being in a peanut state...consider peanut brittle, & fried peanuts (bubbly and golden).:hungry: Takes practice and patience but is worth it. If you ever saw the movie Forrest Gump...substitute his speech on shrimp with peanuts and you understand my state...lol. We take roasted peanuts, shell them and add all kinds of seasoning with a light coat of oil and lightly bake them again. We add them to our Asian Dinners, we add them in our smoothies, we add them in our soup base, make oil out of them, make statues with a tophat and cane. There are even businesses called Peanut City...lol.

Consider looking up Peanut States and recipes... Planters site for Peanuts. Yuppers...have we got recipes...lol:clown:

ZOMG... @Recovery4Me Peanut brittle. Drool.

My fav is peanut brittle poured hot over a layer of pretzels, allowed to cool into a sheet, then melted chocolate poured onto those first two layers. <grin> Then after all 3 layers are cool the sheet hammered into palm or bite sized pieces. Sooooooo good. Almost like chocolate covered smoked salt caramels, but crisp and snappy and delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back