1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Periodic check-in -- how is the site?

Discussion in 'Administration' started by anthony, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C j

C j Buttonmasher Premium Member Donated

No complaints :tup:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. TexCat

TexCat Not a cat or a native Texan. Premium Member Donated

I would like to see avatars and personal photos on the profile page removed when a member is permanently banned from the site. Also have the diaries locked up. Sometimes I think people are banned for making poor choices while symptomatic and feel this would be a kind action since they will need to be healing. I also wish there would be an option to reapply after a specific amount of time.

4. joeylittle

joeylittle ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ All howl, no bite Administrator Generous $250+

All bans are re-evaluated periodically and (depending on the reason for the ban), are often lifted.

Banned members also have the option to write to the admins via the "contact us" link.
    That's often the case. But making poor choices, even while symptomatic, is still making poor choices. We use temp bans for situations where some cooling off and distance is needed, and permanent bans when it's not dysregulation so much as indulging in behavior that negatively affects the community.

Without rules and structure, an environment like this would quickly become too dysfunctional to be of use to anyone.

We also aren't doing anyone (membership or individual) any favors by allowing them to abuse the site.

I'm not posting this to open up a discussion about it; I only wanted to clarify the facts around banning, how permanent it is or isn't, and why lack of personal regulation is actually a reason to take people off the site.

mumstheword, hodge, Rosie11 and 9 others like this.
  5. Snowflakes

Snowflakes Hope Premium Member Donated

Thank you for allowing the avatars. It helps me identify people, just a quirk of mine and I appreciate it. Site is fast on my tablet. All the admin staff and mods are great. They make this a safe place for me. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and this is my happy place. Thank you.

6. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

It's great! I love the return of avatars and all the conscientious, sensitive moderation.

7. somerandomguy

somerandomguy Active Member

On mobile, I could not reach the site for days. I kept getting "cookie too long" error. Clearing my browser cache fixed the issue.

Rain, joeylittle and JadesJewel like this.
  8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

That is a local device issue...

somerandomguy and Rain like this.