1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Pets Mean So Much, Losing One Is Way Too Hard

Discussion in 'General' started by mouse, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Ok I havent posted in a long time, but I just wanted to post that my dog Jake the bordercollie that I havehad for years had a stroke and is now paralyzed, anyways I am feeling like a bad person cause I cant make myself be there in the morning when he makes his transition , I have a grave dug and a headstone already but I am falling off when it comes to actually going and being with him as he passes.I am feeling so much sorrow right now and I already miss my friend my dog he lived a good life but i m not ready to let him go yet. anyways feeling sorry for myself

zoe likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. ptsd_cracker

ptsd_cracker Member

Be at Peace with your decision.

I am so sorry that you are going to be losing Jake. Dogs are a big part of owners lives, more than we realize until we have lost them. I lost my border collie/ husky about 3 yrs ago. She had been there everyday to greet me when I got home and always by my side.

I also lost my dad about a year ago and I support him for weeks up until his time. But when it was time I couldn't be there and I don't think he wanted me there either. It's better to have memories of life than death. Would you want someone to see you die? I think you need to let yourself off the hook. You made Jake as comfortable as possible in his last hours. You have done all the right things. Be at peace with your decision.

Your memories will last forever. I am very sorry for your loss.

4. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Mouse, I'm so sorry. I dread that day with my dog, who's been with me about 15 years. It does sound like the right decision, though, if that helps. Being paralyzed takes an awful lot out of a dog's quality of life. I'm sending prayers for Jake, you, and your family.

5. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone Loss is so hard no matter what and dogs are mans best friend,and I would do anything for him but this is unfortunatly whats meant to happen I will sure miss him. I hope he is at peace.

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

*hugs*

I'm so sorry Mouse. My heart is with you.

bec

7. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Thanks bec Give cougie an extra hug from me please,

8. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Trust me, she will get lot's from you.

bec

9. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Thanks Bec,
    I knew you would understand my heartbreak right now, cougie lots of hugs coming your way puppy,.

Mouse,
    Thank god I still have Ryder and Mouse by Jake was my dog from when I was 18 he llived 14 years, but my memories are all family related events that we did as a family me and dad and Jake

And lastly thank you all for replying to me I know I havent been on the forum much, this means alot to me

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Mouse, I am so sorry to hear this. My heart really goes out to you. Ellie, my very old Great Pyrenees, is way up there. Enough that we have to stop and nudge her to make sure she is OK. Almost no teethe now, going blind, and deaf... It is really strange seeing this post as earlier my hubs and I decided we need to go ahead and make plans so we are not caught off guard. We found a pet crematorium and picked out her urn.

I do hope you know you are doing this all right for Jake. It is an awful hurt and hole when our pets leave us. He will be happy and healthy over the rainbow bridge. Hugs.

11. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Thanks Veiled we have chossen a beutiful spot on the farm to bury him it seems right that he should forever chase rabbits in the fields. But it so hard to do it my tears have been a steady flow even though it is what is right

12. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Mouse that is a truly beautiful thought. I know it hurts and it will. Just know your pain of losing a pet is real and you will need to work through that as you will any loss. I lost two this year by surprise, and it still hurts. They are family pure and simple. Keep crying and let it out. I am glad you are allowing yourself to grieve.

13. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Mouse,

I am so sorry you are going through this. Please don't feel bad about not being with him as he passes. I was able to be there with one and not the other. I said my goodbye's and had to leave the room. Their memories stay with us forever.

Zoe