• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Phenylpiracetam

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Policy Enforcement
Ok, I'm not sure if I got a bad batch but last month I tried this and had amazing results. This time I take 100 mg of PP and it doesn't seem to have the uppity feeling I got before. I'm not abusing it in anyway. I only got two grams.

I got mine from liftmode and stickler may know more about this and what's going on then me. I don't use everyday but every other day. I will say that I do get something out of it but I guess last month while on gabapentin it synergies it somehow. Idk. I'm just guessing on that part.

I'm not so sure it's a good thing to be taking. It's an Rx med in Russia and has been banned by the Olympics.

I thought you wanted to get clean?

I think that this drug using behavior is keeping you from realizing your dreams. I'm a bit concerned. :(

No it's just a smart drug. It helps a lot with focus and memory. I'm sorry this is concerning you. I really don't consider this drug seeking behavior. More I'm concerned with the quality of the product.

I'm going to have to be on psych meds for the rest of my life. A lot cause apathy. And I have a fast metabolism but my ideal weight is 160 and I'm at 218. That's a concern many doctors can care less of.

My dreams will only happen at the appointed time. Gabapentin was a biggie. It had to go. But I have to see a doc about the pain in my legs so I'll prolly be put back on it. Which I will prolly refuse to fill. Please don't be concern EVE. I know you mean well. My dreams will happen.

I don't abuse it. Rather I just try to speed up my congnition and I've been having trouble lately and I'm just in a place where I feel I have very few options. God forbid I ever get into a car accident and have to be put on opiates.

I really have no other choices. I'm trying to fix me not break me. But like all things it will be removed if I start feeling the conviction.

You're not at all concerned that this is a drug that must be gotten with a prescription in certain countries? Or that it's banned for athletes?

It's just heartbreaking to see someone who is giving up his dreams in one post and then in the next post says he has no other choice than to use these drugs.

You do have other choices. You can live a drug free life. It is indeed possible!

I don't consider it a drug. It is more brain food then anything. But like I said if I feel convicted it will go.

Why don't you consider it to be a drug? It's a drug in other countries.....just confused as to this line of thinking.

I mean I know it's legal to purchase here in the USA. Many drugs are legal to purchase in the USA. Sooner or later even pot will be legal (at the federal level, not just in certain states) but it will still be a drug.

I don't consider it a drug. It is more brain food then anything.
OK. You don't consider it a drug. Fine. Personally, I think an ex-addict should have a stricter sense with themselves of what 'is' and 'is not' a drug.

Here are things that I would say are drugs - in no particular order: caffeine, sudafed (pseudo ephedrine), aspirin, melatonin, marijuana, cocaine, Alcohol, nicotine, benadryl, lorazepam, gabapentin.

Basically, anything that is going to manipulate my physical perception...something like that. I have used everything on that list. I still use everything on that list except cocaine and alcohol. Some daily, some as needed. They are drugs. I take them because they do things to my mind and my body. Things that I am sometimes dependent on - like caffeine, nicotine - in order to literally function through my day.

What do you think drugs are?

And how can you possibly think that a mind-and-body-altering substance is OK for you to be dependent on? Look, I have major weight struggles, I get it - I really do. And I don't have a fast metabolism. But if I was continuing to smoke cigarettes because I believed it was keeping me from gaining more weight, well, that would be a really bad reason.

You are currently engaged in a struggle to win your life back, from a very, very recent and serious addiction to gabapentin abuse. You are using a drug that is frankly not very well understood - that's the reason it's not totally legislated world-wide in a consistent way. But it's a psychotropic. And it also acts on GABA receptors.

I wish you'd stop. I really do. You're not addressing the actual addiction problem. Try substituting something else. Instead of using the PP, try drinking green juice for a week, or something...I dunno. There's a sugar boost there, but maybe if you can try depending on a few nutritional things, in their actual form (as opposed to supplement pills), you might have even better results, and at least, hurt your body less?

Dependency is so hard. Addiction is so, so, so hard. I know. I really do. And I am only trying to help, I promise.

Ok, it's a drug. But it benefits me if it helps stamina and helps me focus instead of a blinding euphoria gabapentin would give me. It's way more subtle then you think. But yes it's a drug. Just not something the FDA has warranted to be checked. Doesn't mean it's safe but it works for me.

If I could smoke MJ I would but it throws me into flashbacks so I stay away from that. I consider that a drug but it hurts ppl but at the same time helps ppl. Get what I'm saying. I'm not abusing PP and I don't think you even can. Just because it's banned as a doping agent in the Olympics doesn't mean it's harmful.

I'm not trading one for another. If I had my choice I would still be abusing gabapentin. For its euphoric high. But since I felt convicted by using it that way I stopped. Pleas just try to see it from my POV. IM HOT HURTING ANYONE NOT EVEN MYSELF. Sorry for the caps. But I will consider what you say I promise. And I know all of you have m best interest at heart.

But it benefits me if it helps stamina and helps me focus instead of a blinding euphoria gabapentin would give me.
I get it. But seriously - at least consider juicing? I'm personally on the fence about it, as a life-practice; but, there are reasons why people who add green juices into their lives feel big increases in energy, stamina, and mood. Just think about it.

How do you know you're not hurting yourself?

I don't think it's possible for anyone who takes any kind of drug (no matter how minor) to make this assumption.

I really do think you're posting as a way to get yourself in check with your substance use. Your original post doesn't ask a question, doesn't ask for feedback, and doesn't ask for support so I'm taking a stab in the dark with guessing that you're looking for help with your substance use without actually coming out and asking for help------given that most of your posts end up with people being really concerned about what you're putting into your body given your addiction issues.

People here really do care. We just don't want things to get any worse for you.

God isn't up there making the decisions as to when your dreams come true. God wants you to help yourself. You've got to put in the hard work yourself.

I don't think synergy is the word I'd use, more like interaction.

This can happen with many drugs when taken with other substances. Sometimes it can be fairly benign, or it catastrophically bad. Sometimes the catastrophic bad, may come from something totally unexpected.

• If you are taking an MAOI drug, eating a grapefruit can kill you.
  • Mixing a tranquilliser with alcohol, can cause you to drown in your own vomit by interfering with the panic response that would have otherwise woken you when your airway became obstructed.
One more thing to think about. You are mixing different drugs for the interaction, but you aren't confident that the quality of one of the substances. That is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

Don't fall back into the trap. It's just not worth it.

I came back in this section to say the depression got really severe.
I woke up, had a daydream about how I would kill myself in detail.
I went in the kitchen and started taking phenylpiracetam again, because it...works.

I DO NOT seem to be going manic.

Sonic, you know I'm taking this stuff because I have been thinking about suicide much of the time since 2009, right?
And I've been through a plethora of medications to try to combat the level of misery I have been in?

I have severe, hard to control bipolar depression, I'm really, REALLY struggling to function in any sort of real way.
Our situations are different.
I also know what I'm doing is pretty risky, but I've been doing VERY badly.
I would rather my psychiatric meds just made my brain work right than take risks like this with myself.

Regarding why it's a banned substance for sports: it helps cold-weather performance.

This is a prescription medication in Russia.
It is in the same chemical class as Keppra.
It does not seem to have the same issues as Keppra in regards to rage and suicidal ideation; but there's not a whole lot of data out there about it.

It is something I am taking because none of the regular stuff is helping much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back