• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Piglet's Mental Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

piglet

MyPTSD Pro
WARNING: If you plan on submitting your own mental imagery interview for assessment, DO NOT read the proceeding first, instead fill out your own interview first, then read these, so your current mental image is not skewed, resulting in a possible inaccurate emotional state being returned to you.

This is an imaginery journey down a road. Take in the sights, sounds and colours, just like a video camera recording all that lies surrounding you. Survey the scene, noticing whatis far off in the distance, the background surrounds, the weather, the season and a total image of what you view. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Try to visualize it as a picture on a canvas, but with movement, sound, colour and emotion. You are the surveyor on this journey. Draw your journey on paper if you desire, as it often shows clearer results, then attach your drawing via snapshot or scan to your post.

Q1. What colour is the road?
Dark grey.
Q2. What texture is the road?
It's not smooth - made up of grey stones rolled into tar - lots of sharp edges to the stones - you wouldn't want to fall off a bike on this, but in a car it would have good grip.
Q3. How solid is the road?
Very solid, although there are deep pot-holes here and there to look out for.

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river?
Over a narrow bridge. It is just wide enough for two people to pass each other. The sides are low, so you can clearly see the river either side of you.
Q5. What does the water look like?
The water is dark. It is also smooth.
Q6. How fast is the water current?
Not fast, but the current is strong.
Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what?
The water is too dark to see what is in it, but it looks very deep.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house?
Grey.
Q9. What condition is the house in?
It's old and aged, but in good repair.
Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who?
I don't know who, if anyone, lives there.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup?
White.
Q12. What condition is the cup in?
It's dirty and chipped on the rim. There is a crack in the handle.
Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what?
Some rain water, which has turned green with algae.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail?
It is a gate. It has a square top bar of grey metal. It is about 3 inches wide. It has a similar bar running diagonally from top left, to bottom right, where it is joined by a vertical bar. It is a swing gate, large enough for vehicle access. The gate is closed and heavily padlocked. there is a big "no entry" sign on the front. Either side of the gate are thick high hedges.

Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle?
Wasteland followed by dense woods.

Now you have had a break, go back to every question and look at your response. Try and find what you feel that your mind presented the image it did. Explain colours you chose, textures, water, cup, solids, liquids, space, objects, people, anything and everything that you wrote from your projected image, try and find what you feel to why you have that image. Don't look hard at things, instead try and look for the easy answers, as they are often the correct one's. Don't attempt to find something that isn't present, just look at each aspect for its absolute simplicity.

This is not an absolute, but something you must do in order to try and self analyse yourself. This is important. Please answer what you can, and simply define if you cannot find an emotion to a response you gave.

Q1. What colour is the road?
Dark grey.

Why this colour. It's road coloured! Someone says a road and I think of grey tarmac. Simple as that!

Q2. What texture is the road?
It's not smooth - made up of grey stones rolled into tar - lots of sharp edges to the stones - you wouldn't want to fall off a bike on this, but in a car it would have good grip.

This road I'm taking is unforgiving. It's going to hurt like hell if I fall on it, so I've got to take it slow and steady. I suppose it would be a lot safer, easier and faster if I had a car, but I don't.

Q3. How solid is the road?
Very solid, although there are deep pot-holes here and there to look out for.

I should be able to get where I'm going on this road, but I have to be careful and pick my way to avoid the potholes. Got to take my time, as the faster I go, the more likely I am to hit one of the holes.

Q4. How do you cross the river?
Over a narrow bridge. It is just wide enough for two people to pass each other. The sides are low, so you can clearly see the river either side of you.

Again, gotta be careful crossing this one. It's scary because I can see the water.

Q5. What does the water look like?
The water is dark. It is also smooth.
Q6. How fast is the water current?
Not fast, but the current is strong.
Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what?
The water is too dark to see what is in it, but it looks very deep.

I guess this image could represent my memory and what is or might be hidden away in there. It's a dangerous place and not very pleasant. Going in would be a really bad idea. If we're doing the metaphorical - I want a diving suit, with air and a buddy line to pull me out. Oh - one of those shark dterent things and a big knife too!

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house?
Grey.

Anybody notice a theme here? You would think that grey is my favourite colour. Couldn't be further from the truth! I like red. I guess all the grey is a pretty good indication of how the depression affects me - kind of sucks all the colour out of life.

Q9. What condition is the house in?
It's old and aged, but in good repair.

Like me - needs some work and tlc to bring it to life, but the foundations are good!

Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who?
I don't know who, if anyone, lives there.

I've kind of lost myself right now. Sometimes I don't like me, sometimes I do, sometimes I just don't care. Glad I get to keep on walking!

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup?
White.
Q12. What condition is the cup in?
It's dirty and chipped on the rim. There is a crack in the handle.
Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what?
Some rain water, which has turned green with algae.

The cup is not half-full. It's not even half-empty. It's broken, neglected and abandoned.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail?
It is a gate. It has a square top bar of grey metal. It is about 3 inches wide. It has a similar bar running diagonally from top left, to bottom right, where it is joined by a vertical bar. It is a swing gate, large enough for vehicle access. The gate is closed and heavily padlocked. there is a big "no entry" sign on the front. Either side of the gate are thick high hedges.

As usual, when someone is telling me I can't do something I really want to go take a look. If this was real, I'd probably just climb straight over that gate.

Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle?
Wasteland followed by dense woods.

Nice and deserted. I want to know what's in there and beyond. this is a positive image for me, strange as it may seem!

Confusion predominates your life, and whilst you like to think you navigate it easily, you feel it hurting you along the way, likely due to the constant situations you fall within. You are not trusting and hide secrets from sexual intimacy, are impulsive to get involved and aware your support systems have been inadequate, reflected by your low self esteem. You have an innocent idealism towards commitment, though you have been victimized in this manner and show commitment towards someone or something. Your biggest problem at present is death ideation, and view little hope for the future.

Confusion predominates your life, and whilst you like to think you navigate it easily, you feel it hurting you along the way, likely due to the constant situations you fall within.

This makes sense.

You are not trusting and hide secrets from sexual intimacy, are impulsive to get involved and aware your support systems have been inadequate, reflected by your low self esteem.

Not quite sure I know what all this means! Not trusting at all, so that's right on the mark. I don't think i'm impulsive, although I go on the defensive very quickly. Support systems definitely inadequate, although better than they were.

You have an innocent idealism towards commitment, though you have been victimized in this manner and show commitment towards someone or something.

I just don't do committment with people. I can do it with work or my animals. I think this is related to the trust issue.

Your biggest problem at present is death ideation, and view little hope for the future.

Not really at the moment for the first part. Future does look pretty bleak at present.

The impulsive part surround sexual intimacy, maybe you want to get involved, or when you do get involved you have jumped in feet first, often finding out you rushed into the situation without enough thought.

Death ideation can be a number of things, suicidal ideation, an anniversary of someone close is upon you or approaching, you are worried about someone else dieing, etc.

Piglet, let me ask you this. Before you obstacle above, there is another obstacle, what is it and please describe it.

Also, tell me what the whether is surrounding your obstacle, what is the scenery around your obstacle. It is clear, overcast or raining...

Ok. Now we get into the deep thought here. The weather in my mental imagery is overcast and grey - rain coming.

I think the gate represents fear. The hedges are too thick to get through and too high to climb over. The only way forward is through that gate. The only way forward is to face the fear of what lies beyond. I have to unlock the gate to go through and then there is this wide open space to cross. I would be vulnerable in this space. People could be able to see where I am and where I'm going.

The woods maybe represent the known and unknown that I have to get through - So I can understand what made me what I am and understand how I can be the person I want to be in the future, whatever that is!

So, there's another obstacle in front of the gate? For me, it would probably be a big muddy puddle, too long to jump over and no way around it, so I have to go through it to get to the gate. I'm probably wearing trainers too, so I'm going to get very muddy.

Ok Piglet, now where getting somewhere. Now we draw closer to the real problems. Tell me piglet, how have you been depreciated from a sexual issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back