1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Police Vet With 19 Years 4 Months With Ptsd Ia Hearing Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by David342, Jun 19, 2016.

1. RussH

RussH for the superhero in all of us. Premium Member

I have a friend that really enjoys model trains. I will ask him about any good hobbyist clubs that are on line that might help you get started again.

scout86 and Rain like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. David342

David342 Member

Thanks Russ

scout86 and Rain like this.
  4. RussH

I may not see him for a few days, but when I do, I will ask him.

Rain likes this.
  5. David342

David342 Member

thanks sir. Do you know anybody that has successfully applied for Social Security Disability with PTSD??

Rain likes this.
  6. RussH

No I don't but I think there are a lot of people here on the forum that receive disability for PTSD.

If you do a search on the forum you will most likely find a lot of threads that deal with it. Otherwise you can start a thread in discussion asking others about it.

The Albatross and ladee like this.
  7. David342

David342 Member

Thank you....i might just start a thread on that..

The Albatross and ladee like this.
  8. H8nthis

H8nthis New Member

So what will be the next move.. Is the Chief going to put you behind a desk somewhere to allow you to work? Mine just fired me? ( mine just fired me 10yrs LE and 19yrs Resv ), but at least the mil. said thank you gave me a Honorable and retirement, PD just said get out.

The Albatross likes this.
  9. scout86

scout86 I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

@H8nthis , kind of hard to "like" your post. That seems very unfair! Just wanted to say that, and welcome you to the forum and the discussion, since there's no way I can "like" the way you were treated.

10. Silver.

Silver. I'm a VIP

I applied for SSD with PTSD, but I had a lot of issues that were thrown in by advisement of multiple docs etc. So my disability states PTSD emotional and physical. I waited 18 months for it to go through, and that was with help from Ombudsman and the Senator.
    I hope it works out for you. I am glad things have gone so well within the department thus far :)

ladee and scout86 like this.
  11. David342

David342 Member

They offered me a desk job, but i didn't want to do that. I don't think it would be in my best interest.

ladee, scout86 and The Albatross like this.
  12. David342

David342 Member

thanks. I put in for workers comp with my department/risk management,,,got denied short term disabiliy because it was work related.

ladee and The Albatross like this.
  13. David342

David342 Member

8 police officers killed in the line of duty in one week. In nearly 20 years a LEO, i have not seen it this horrific. Im trying to stay positive and not go backwards with my progression...it's difficult for me.

Show Sidebar