• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Political Correctness - How Does It Affect Your Country or Locale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_Fraser

MyPTSD Pro
What is your views on political correctness. In my view it is the language for cowards. I'm Scottish and I say what I mean. I call a spade a spade, not a digging impliment. There is a district in London where they have spent £1000's of pounds re-naming Man Hole Covers, Preson-Hole Covers, and in schools, blackboards are now called coloured boards in case it offends black people.
In The city of Glasgow the local council took a man to court for flying the Scottish flag outside his house, because it might offend ethnic minorities.
I tell you folks the world has gone mad.
Please tell me your views. I'll be delighted to hear from you.:music:

Totally mad. What a criminal waste of money. Everyones covering their back all the time and no-one wants to say what they really feel. Its always worse in London with that kind of thing. What about Christmas and the survey saying something like 65% of kids in the UK didn't know the religious meaning? Regardless of what you believe in, if a country celebrates a holiday like that surely people should know a bit about the history of it even if you dont follow the same religion? Dont get me started! I dont know if the world is becomming more crazy or if PTSD makes you see it differently.

Scott... i totally agree

Scott,
I totally agree with you!! We have a lot of that here in the U.S.,too!!
I wish people would just say what they mean; no sugar coating!!
Like you said "call a spade a spade". I'm sick and tired of certain types of people crying racism and/or religious persecution when someone tells it like it is;e.g. The Pope's recent comments about Islam being based on violence:gunem-dow :angry-fla :stupid: (which the Muslims proved correct by killing and rioting, and burning the pope in effigy)
It just pisses me off, Scott!!!!

Take care,
Josh

Political Correctness

Thanks for your replies. Here in Scotland at Xmas in one town, they refused to put up decorations in a shopping mall in case it offended ethnic minorities, this is a christian country and we welcome all cultures, and most cultures except that we have our festivals. So the PC Brigade can stuff it up there asses.
There was an incident in Edinburgh a couple of years ago. A Shop called Jenners (Very Posh) had a Golly Wog doll in the window for sale. And this Asian Woman saw it and took offence, so the Race Discrimination People asked the shop to remove the offending article. Many Brits have had Golly Wogs as toys for years.
Whats next, Banning Snow because it is white?:crazy:
Cheers
Scott

it is getting to a ridiculous degree, have had fun with it though, apparently im now a pc term, apparently im a mental thinking process and presentation impaired socially challenged student, where does it end? any body calls me one of them and theyre more likely to get told to bog off than if im called a loon/psycho/nutter or crazy man, thats for sure.

Hi Madjon how are you.
The world is going crazy isn't it. If you are short of cash or skint as we call it in Scotland, you are now called (Now get this) Fiscally Challenged. I'm F"%^&*%$ing skint you crazy people. In Edinburgh you get fined on the spot by the cigarette Gestapo, if you drop a butt on the street.
Keep your views coming in. I love to hear them all.
Scott Fraser:crazy:

Scott: this pc stuff really gets you riled.. makes you angry.. what is beneath that? is this because you have no control over it? do you feel people are jamming it down your throat? where is the anger coming from?

*i am not giving any opinion on this subject nor thread... I am poking at ptsd symptoms*

bec

I have edited this thread from anything that is showing bias. If you are going to talk politics here, be careful, because this board is filled with people of most origins, race and countries, and whilst it is a legitimate point of discussion which I would personally love to see most get involved, keep opinions non-biased, non-offensive, or I will delete the thread entirely. I am pretty open to most discussions here, this being one of them, but keep it argumentative, not biased or offensive to another. Politics is about showing your viewpoint, your perception of a topic, but not to offend the topic itself.

Warning: Ensure you keep it clean, on topic and without personal bias towards another race or religion. If not, your comments will be edited.

hi scott hi bec

bec I agree you point out
Scotts frustration here - to authority implementing their demands,

I too am patriotic but not at other peoples patriotism.

sorry scott but i can hear my husband in your vents..... his disrespect of Iraqis - RAGHEADS I hated the way he dismissed them as real people with feelings and hopes and dreams as if he was so superior. Thats what turned his head im sure a total disrepect of other human lives and deserves.

I am glad to make your aquaintance and look forward to reading your posts hannah - you are a feisty jock Aye ha :kiss:

I agree that political correctness does certainly step far beyond reasonable bounds in society today, some more than others. Some things I see as positive, some I view as quite negative, and I hope like hell that the negatives don't outweight the positives... even though I believe they are. Political correctness isn't about any race, culture or country IMHO, its about a minority that believe they must change something in order to please another, more often than not, and often the case being, those fighting for something are not even off the culture they are fighting. What does that say? Using the black board example in the UK... where those fighting for that to be changed actually black themselves, or predominately white? I bet they where white, because a black person would not take offence to something being called black in nature, ie. a black box on a plane! Its not the culture that is disgruntled, more so it is a minority of people who often don't care about what they rally for, they just want to leave an impression upon the world, whether right or wrong, they want recognition for something that often does not even effect them. Rainforests being cut down affects everyone, black boards... did anyone ask the black people?

Like I mentioned to you in my thread Scott, Canada is extremely PC... some of it is good I believe, but a lot is way overdone. The PC terms that really get me though are "peacekeeping", "peacekeepers", etc, rather than saying war, soldiers, fighting. I mean I know there's a difference between peacekeeping, peace enforcement, security assistance, etc... but here in Canada, when our Prime Minister called the situation in Afghanistan a war, a lot of people were offended. I don't think they realize what our troops are actually going through in Afghanistan and elsewhere. It reminds me of Big Brother's slogan in the book 1984, WAR IS PEACE. Creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.