• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Politics, court and my impairments

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 487

I spoke with my lawyer about the charges I am facing, and he said that the cops are scared that "someday" I'm going to "pop" my "cork" and hurt a lot of people. I'm like "Really?" He said yes.

The cops are afraid I am going to hurt someone someday. Seriously?
1. My home, broken into multiple times over a few years, and it was to the point the cops wouldn't even look at the damage.
2. In those, only a couple times was anything stolen.
3. Several times there was a known point of entry. Why didn't they pull fingerprints?
4. When I was sexually assaulted, I was charged with making terroristic threats for saying what I was going to do to the man IF he ever touched me like that again. Not only was no investigation done, but the lead detective refused to accept the report.
5. When I was interviewed by the sheriff's dept. about the sexual assault, I was treated like a criminal, not a victim. When I brought this to the attention of the sheriff, his response was "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't understand."
6. Miscellaneous thefts occurred, but the cops did nothing.
7. When prowlers were spotted, nit just my place but prowling neighbor's homes, the cops did nothing.
8. A protection order that was issued to protect me from a man defined as a threat to my life was violated, and the cops expected me to do all of the investigative work.
9. A man approaches me on a college campus with a weapon and threatens my life. Not only do the cops take their time getting there, the campus police were never summoned by 911 dispatcher.

And the cops are scared of what I might do when I "pop my cork"....?

Something is very wrong here, and I don't think it's me.

It's not just you, that does sound very wrong. If you're having trouble pressing charges maybe you can at least get a restraining order so you don't have to see these perpetrators anymore? :hug:

What a joke the police and courts are being to you and no it is not funny at all. I hate and loathe what has been done to you continuously it appears. I think if you can get a restraining order against these abusers that is where I would try to start if I was in your shoes. I think what is going on to you is insidious and I am so very sorry that you are being so victimized all over again.

I've discovered through experience that there are two legal systems in the U.S. The one on TV and the one in reality. The former seeks a concept known as justice from people who prey upon others and the latter is (on the whole) filled with corruption, greed, self-interest, delusional (and sometimes dangerous) people with power and guns.Until you experience it, you don't know it exists as it does, but then it's usually too late. I'm saddened by what's happening to you, but not surprised. Your goal is protection. Theirs is different. This is how cops, lawyers, and judges earn money. This is how they seek promotion, or launch a political career. (Their version of becoming CEO) They look you over with dispassionate eyes unless it serves their agenda to do otherwise. Expect that. Listen to the advise that warns you away from both sides of the predator/prey slice of life. Same animal in a different suit of clothes is my guiding principle through experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back