• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Positive Accomplishment From A Negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanCharles

MyPTSD Pro
I just received my 1 year anniversary being on this forum! On the same note, This is also the day I lost Sheba some weeks ago... I feel much better having found this forum while acknowledging that Sheba is gone and is a better place.

This accomplishment now replaces the negative with a positive! Yes!

---SeanGeo

Keep that up and soon your life will be a mosaic of such beauty that all the world will be grateful for all the cracks in the picture.

Congratulations. Great re-framing. I believe Sheba would approve. Dogs are such natural pragma/optimists. 'Tis why I love them so...

@arfie Thanks! I didn't quite remember my forum anniversary date until I got the notification of the trophy. I knew I found the forum after I had a seizure in 2013 while at work. It was that episode that made me begin to analyze and research and is how I found the forum. I am glad I have this forum available. One of a few goals is to focus on my medical situations which I know, despite what the medical professionals do/don't know as to why some of my issues exist, my suspicion is that my underlying ptsd is connected in ways...

---SeanGeo

Sean, Congrats on the 1 year!!! I am glad we could all be here for you through this loss. As for Sheba, she'd be happy too knowing that you were able to get through this time with the support of friends and that you haven't lost hope.

That was what she was there for in the first place. Hope. As for the new little Sheba who will come in time my friend, don't lose hope. For sure, when the time is right, it'll definitely happen. Just as you had to go through pangs and whatnot getting that place where you live, especially when you needed patience, knowing, and hope . . . now is the time for that same patience and knowing and hope. But from the sounds of it, you are definitively retaining those qualities! It is what Sheba would have wanted. Sounds like you are on the upswing:)

Thank you! :) I am really glad I did find this forum. This forum has been a great resource, especially through my loss.

@Saetva
Walking through life, including our losses, with this forum, is a wondrous gift. Thanks for the sweet remembrance of the one you love. May their joy be palpable to you!

This is so true! Memorializing Sheba is reminding of all the good times we've shared while I had her in my life. She came into my life at a very needed time following my one and only psych hospitalization in which I dissociated and did something for what I hoped was a good, in ways the hospitalization did what that episode didn't quite accomplish.

---SeanGeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back