1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Private Messaging System Adjustment Made

Discussion in 'Administration' started by anthony, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I have made an adjustment to the private messaging system, where "moderated members" are now no longer able to use the PM system. It is for registered members and above, which now avoids those with little to no intent other than to cause trouble and make strife, no more avenues in which to do it unless becoming a registered member, meaning they have been moderated for validity first.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

I am sad to see that the PM ability is lost to new moderated members....If I couldn't have PM'd you I doubt that I would have had the courage to get going on all my PTSD issues....I know that the PM service has been misused especially recently and can understand the issues involved....just sad to see it abused and to be discontinued....GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Well, considering Wilds question. I would think moderated members could still PM moderators. Can they, Anthony?

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Nope... If a moderated member need contact an editor, they simply use the forum contact form to do so or post it for other to read. It is sad wildfire, though people abuse it, so what choices do I have really?

6. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

I agree it is sad, however all of the unpleasant messages I have received as Carers editor came from moderated members. None were "full" members. So unfortunately it does seem there is little choice, unless one wants to continue receiving such messages on a regular basis.