1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Private Trauma Diaries Now Closed For New Diaries

Discussion in 'Administration' started by anthony, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I have now closed the private trauma diaries from any member creating a new thread, being a new diary, as I have nearly 30 quite active diaries in their for myself to deal with, all of which I am struggling with.

As those diaries each uniquely come to a close over the months during healing, I will then take on more people privately to help, but until such time, members cannot create a new private diary for my personal attention only.

The other privacy means are still available to those who have been accepted into the PTSD group, or the public diary exists. I am but one person, and can only cope to help so many at once, hence my decision to close them off.

I am tossing ideas around to create another private diary in which selected people will have access to post and help members, ie. known therapists, physicians and those who have healed a great deal of their trauma already and want to help others with the knowledge and experience they have gained.

Theory is certainly not a motive for me to engage a person to help other, ie. just because a person is a qualified therapist, as I don't hold a high regard for most of those qualifications considering they don't have experience behind them dealing with healing PTSD itself. I will look at a few particular members in which I see a lot of commonsense, no bullshit approach tactics from them, which is what is needed along with education in order to get others with PTSD healing. Comfort does not work, a swift kick in the arse and told how it is works much better initially with PTSD. Comfort comes once a person is self analysing.

Just a heads up for what I have done, and what I am thinking off.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Holy shit that's a lot of private diaries for you to manage... I guess I never really looked at the numbers on the side. Makes sense that you want to cut down on it a bit. Wow.

That new diary area sounds good, but I just want to add a comment about it. Obviously this doesn't apply to me directly, as I'm in the public area and plan on staying there. I'm assuming that the new area would be optional, like there still would be a totally private area for people if they wanted? Because personally, maybe this is just my issue or whatever, but I have problems with trust, and especially if I was very new I wouldn't want just *anyone* being able to advise me, no matter what their qualifications or how well they give advice. Someone giving good advice doesn't always impress me. What impresses me most is if the person has made great strides in their healing process. If they haven't, I think I would feel resentful to have them telling me what to do, when they aren't even able to do it themselves. Anyways, just wanted to say that, not that it applies to me, but others might feel the same way and don't want to say anything.

I'm glad you've closed the private area. That's really so much work for you and you need a break too!

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

That is exactly it Evie, qualifications alone will not get access to help others in a private diary, the person must have been healing to gain experience in order to help others. I don't want someone with all the knowledge to be trying to help someone else, when they can't even help themselves first. If a person can't work out how to heal themselves, then how can they help another... that is my opinion also.

5. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

I Agree

Anthony,

I agree with what you are saying about qualifications alone not being enough. I have a degree but I certainly do not feel ready to help others yet as I need to heal more myself. I also think it is very wise of you for having closed the private diary for new people until some others have been wiened off. I also think it is a great idea to allow new people on as those who currently have private diaries acquire growth and healing and are no longer in need of private attention. Just know, you are greatly appreciated for what you do.

6. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

A Little Math Here

Wow, just doing a little math and realized why you struggle. The stats show 26 threads and 1682 posts. So, 1682 devided by 26 would be approx 65. Thats 65 posts per person. Say each person has been posting approx 4 months. That is 16 posts per month which would be approx 4 posts per week which for 26 people would be 104 posts total per week which would be 20.5 posts per day to read in a 5 day week. Holy Cow! Puts a different perspective on things for me especially when I consider how long some of my own posts are! Again I say, good decision Anthony. Take care of yourself. Until Later.

Marilyn S.