• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Prozac And Kidney/bladder Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

saoirserylyn

Confident
This past week my psych started me on 20mg of prozac every day. While my mood is tenfold better and it feels as though space is clearing in my head, I seem to be coming down with a bladder infection. Has anyone else experienced something like this from antidepressants?

I remember taking prozac in the past and had three bladder infections while taking it, just never made the connection that it could be from the medication. I haven't started any other meds, so it has to be from the prozac. Just looking for some information until I can get an appointment with my regular doctor.

I do not know any connection between Prozac and urinary track infections. It can cause frequent urination but not infection. I would make sure you are getting enough fluids in and speak to your doctor about your concerns

Take cranberry and garlic supplements every day. Drink fluids like crazy. Never heard of any connection with any anti-depressants. Sounds coincident with Prozac.

Once you get these infections, you are more prone to them. These supplements worked for me. No infections since but they do lower blood pressure and potassium just in case you are low in those areas already.

Thanks! I am definitely going to start the cranberry pills that I bought and invest in garlic as well to ward off any possibility of getting infections this time around. Also going to switch to drinking only water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back