• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Prozac Is Helping

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Policy Enforcement
Prozac is actually helping my depression. You know I bounced back pretty fast when I had the psychotic episode so it maybe the meds causing the nightmares. I don't know for sure.

Gabapentin causes weird dreams

Remeron causes weird dreams.

But I'm becoming stable the thing is I either wake up fully charged or half asleep because the dreams are so dang vivid. I mostly have dreams about my step dad and how the family got torn by divorce, I really don't have dreams of the jail but I do have dreams of my ex that haunt me. I hate those dreams because I start to feel the torn hearted pain I felt all over again. Ugh to me I just hate dreaming and wished I didn't dream.

Anyone here ever got off a medication that you didn't know causes vivid weird dreams and the dreams got better? The thing is I have had trauma my whole life. Verbal and physical abuse by my dad. Sexual abuse by someone I lived with. Trauma of the psychosis and not being able to have a advocate to help me get out. Mad delusions that I was being persecuted by cannibals and zombies. A lot of trauma my whole life but I also have been hard headed which made it easy to bounce back from all of this. I'm wondering are these just repressed memories of my past coming out thru my dreams? And will a therapist be able to help me with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back